Exanima story

Velmyr

Exactly, could be that the zombification actually happened a few days prior to our arrival, which is why all the construction work was halted so abruptly..also its weird to me that the people on the top level are called 'soldiers' when i have seen very few evidence of that, in all the armories i have looted ive only found weapons that would belong to a peasant militia mainly the bills and such, not 1 spear or proper sword, sure theres some rusted plate armor but its merely a few pieces, where has the rest of the gear gone? I understand that the common theory is that the fort has been long abandoned before the zombies have been produced but if that's the case it should be in way worse shape than we find it in, not once have we come across a hallway collapsing in on itself or any sort of major structural damage you'd expect when a building was buried underground no matter how impressive the original craftsmanship is..there is no way of supporting such massive structures underground without regular maintenance...unless dwarves were the builders

Velmyr

The reason why I am taking a shovel to this thread is cause i only got the game two days ago and the lack of a cohesive narrative boggles my mind, but it's incredibly enthralling..i haven't been this fascinated since the first time i played Diablo way back in the day

What I would imagine is that over the course of many, many years many different people have gone through this area, but perhaps only 2-3 adventurers of some sort, yourself included. What it would seem is that the last inhabitants may of had been a few necromancers/thaturmages working together for something, while leaving most of the underground city untouched. It would seem that a soldiers and whatever population that they included has left long ago, and in a hurry.

Velmyr

There is a distinct possibility that we are simply looking to much into this, It is also a possibility that the storyline was left vague for the purpose of ideas being thrown out on the forums and they will pick one they like and go with it, which in itself is a novel approach..whatever the case we likely won't get a complete story until the game itself is finished

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
There is a distinct possibility that we are simply looking to much into this, it is possible that this game like so many other newer game suffers from a lack of a narrative because theres simply no talent left in the gaming 'industry' nowadays and this game is simply a dungeon crawler with elements from other games like call of Chthulu and the amnesia series with a really great combat system which i like very much...It is also a possibility that the storyline was left vague for the purpose of ideas being thrown out on the forums and they will pick one they like and go with it, which in itself is a novel approach..whatever the case we likely won't get a complete story until the game itself is finished
Neither is the case with Exanima or Sui Generis. Bare Mettle have been coming up with the lore for over two decades and they care very much about it being consistent and logical. They've actually already come up with enough lore to span roughly five games worth.

Velmyr

so where is it?

not that i got anything against the guys im hoping really friggin hard that this project doesn't shut down because they have a masterpiece in the making here, i guess theyre going with the minimal exposition route which i confess is phenomenal and refreshing..im tired already of map markers, fast travels and the game constantly holding my hand..in some games even the npcs go out of their way to bug you about your quests, making me want to go on a rampage through every settlement i visit

P.S Mowglias videos are great fun..even Thunderpile has grown on me despite at first wishing he had been more serious about his character creation

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
The story elements are in the game already but like you mentioned BM don't hold your hand or force feed you information; it's left up to the player to explore, figure things out, piece together the bits of information, etc. Also, the first three levels in Exanima function almost like character development (choosing skills, finding basic gear and what not) and the meat of the game starts after the portal. One last thing I'd like to note is that despite Exanima following the lore it is also much smaller in scope than Sui Generis so it'll contain just a small slice of the story elements which will be found in SG.

Velmyr

Level 4-5 frigging awesome, difficult as hell but so fun to run around in..i managed to trap that big bastard sir in one of the bathrooms so then i took my time exploring the level xD

Btw is there any way to deal with the golems on lvl 5?

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
@Velmyr Oh since you got the game more recently i take it you have not seen the other starting characters besides the proctor ?

1 of the other options that will be available is a villager. If you don't pick it you will be able to meet him quite early on and potentially have him as a companion. So the kidnappings are very recent, probably even still happening.
(other option was a knight, sent by some lord to investigate the disappearances as well)

His entrance was the best btw, just flying face down towards the ground from the hole on the ceiling ;d Getting tossed in i assume.

Last edited:

Velmyr

Is there anything special i need to do to open the knight or villager? also i didn't meet any villager down there even starting a new game as the proctor

Tony

Insider
Is there anything special i need to do to open the knight or villager? also i didn't meet any villager down there even starting a new game as the proctor
Those two haven't been added yet. In upcoming patches you'll have to encounter them in the game (similar to the proctor) to unlock them as starting characters.

ZaratanCho

Insider
They used to be available for a bit but were then removed so you have to start off with unknown and unlock the others.

The knight and villager are not yet re-introduced since dialogue is coming, which will be important for them.

Last edited:

Velmyr

Can anyone tell me the point of the iron man suit on lvl 5? I beat the guardian of that armory in the most hilarious fashion. He came charging at me and i retreated through the doors, he came after me and got both his arms trapped by the doors giving me free shots at him until he shut down...now ive found a bunch of green and amber crystals but i have no idea what to do with them, i got a few socketable items like the mace of sauron, the iron man armor and a strange mask but only the blue crystals do something like power the armor so it has no encumberance or give the mace electric damage but idk what the green or amber crystals do, are they for a not yet implemented mechanic or is there a purpose? the blue ones also seem to run out of charge at some point, is the sporadic arching electricity that can be found in a few spots able to recharge them?

ZaratanCho

Insider
There is a blue crystal that recharges over time, just by sitting in your inventory. The green crystals can heal you if inserted into the mask(red damage). Don't really know what the amber crystals do, if they do anything.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.