Gap closing in team fights

Bobob

I like the new match types in arena a lot, but one thing bothers me.
When it's just me and a teammate fighting their last warrior, and he is focused on my ally, I feel like I should be able to just run up to him and smack him. But I have to clumsily chase him around and maybe get a hit depending on weapon and whether or not we pushed him to a wall.
I'd like to see some way to charge an enemy or stick to him...
:)

-Tim-

Insider
It's quite hard and definitely takes some practice, but it is quite possible to close the gap. AI actually responds quite intelligently when they are outnumbered, trying not to get surrounded. This also makes it harder to get those hits in. Have you considered using RMB to take small sprints to get into position? Works really well for me.

MindSliver

I'm with Bobob here, I would love to see an attack that can be performed in a charge. It drives me nuts when someone decides to run from me because I can chase them all day and until they're cornered it's almost impossible to hit them. I can dash, faster even than them but enable to attack I have to come to a stop and then have a cup of tea to prepare myself to once again fight after my little run, then once the tea is finished and the biscuits are all eaten I can finally take a swing at them but they're long gone running in the other direction, because they don't like tea... bastards...

Anyways the point is that the control scheme isn't really setup for dash attacks. but I was thinking. we do have the ability to run and sprint in both passive and agro modes. so normal right clicking with the mouse far away from your character runs, holding shift sprints, what if in the same situation you just press alt to hold your weapon out while you're already running forward? obviously you would have to be running in combat mode with the red cursor and all that.

I think it would be immensely satisfying to pin some cowardly zombie to a wall with my great sword when he turns and sees me baring down on him >: )

Such a thing I'm sure would prove very useful against larger enemies such as trolls or whatever, especially when performed with a halberd or something.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.