Grim Dawn hits Alpha.

Mkilbride

Supporter
Looking pretty cool, too!

6 man team. Pretty small. Awesome looking, I have been waiting a long time for this...not much longer!

Cripes, it is a good time for Action RPGs. We got Divine Divinity, Sui Generis, and Grim Dawn!

Parco

The game looks cool but to be honest ive grown a little tired of hack and slash games where you go and overpower huge crowds of enemies, so im now playing more games where fights feel more personal, its one of the reasons im following the upcoming games Sui Generis and Overgrowth.

Fawz

Insider
It looks pretty neat and like a quality game considering the small team.

That being said it does feel like they're playing it way too safe and are using an overused gameplay experience. If we hadn't had decent games like it recently (ie: Path of Exile) or promising looking one coming up (Divine Divinity, Sui Generis) it might be worth the look.

As it stands though I fail to see why I should bother playing Grim Dawn. It might have some cool features that make it special by launch, but so far I'm seeing nothing I haven't played before. Still though, I'm sure a bunch of people will play and enjoy it and they seem dedicated in the right ways so good for them :)

Mkilbride

Supporter
Well, we'll see come release.

Parco, not sure why Overgrowth interests you. It's a furry game about Kung Fu. And people think the coder for it is Gods Gift to Coders. It's annoying. HAs little to do with ARPG / Sui Generis.

We don't know much about the game, but it has some of the original Diablo guys, so it's always worth checking out.

Then again, so did Guild Wars 2 have the 3 lead devs from Blizzard North and look how that turned out.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.