Hey Madoc, will I be able to run your game?

Tony

Insider
What do you think to the airflow? And should I buy an extra 140mm side fan?
Well, I'd say check your temps first. If your video card, motherboard and CPU all are at decent temps then another 140mm isn't really necessary (unless you like having a noisy PC). Make sure to check the temps under heavy load.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Can you suggest a program or something? Nice and clean please, I can always check by loading up the mobo screen the start but other than that I don't know how to get, does anybody have any knowledge of Pinnacle Game Profiler with the ps3?

Tony

Insider
This program is a small program that should do the job for you.

HWMonitor

There are also other monitoring programs that work well if you need more info such as CPU-Z and EVGA precision.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Really thinking about SLI 680 :p

But if I was going to buy another GPU, I'd wait till March, cause I've Pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite!

All this tech talk makes me scratch my head to no end.

It looks soooo good though. MrIdon'tKnow knows quite a bit about this shit. The amount of jelly that is oozing out of my ears is astounding

I second Rods sentiment. I know nothing about PC hardware but I have wanted a custom built gaming PC all my life. I am finally in a position where I can start buying parts but this thread just makes my head spin. I don't know where to start. All I can say is I plan to spend 1k minimum & I would like as little sound as possible. Having said that I don't like the idea of having to regularly replace the liquid in a liquid cooled system as I have read is the case. I will have to create a dedicated thread soon & hopefully can get some plain English advice from you guys...

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Can I be plain honest with you guys, I did have a clue about this stuff until last November. You can easily get help here, BUT, if you'd like I can either make a post where I did for you, or I can lead you to the forum where I asked some really intelligent guys what's what. Building your PC is cheaper, gives you more confidence in your system because you know what parts are going in.

PLEASE DON'T THINK ABOUT BUYING A COMPUTER. I know you said you wanted a custom built PC, because it can sound daunting, but it isn't, first PC I've ever built was December last year, few months ago and it turned on the first time. I didn't rush and thoroughly enjoyed building it.

Since I know about the decent components and that I look at PC websites and laugh in their face, and people who buy them. My friend got a computer for Christmas, Sony VAIO J series, £900 for a piece of crap, my computer cost £1200.

If you built yourself the Sony VAIO J, you'd save a lot of money. Oh yeah, and if Id have bought my computer ready made, it would be about £1600-£2000+ depending where you go.

Everyone rips you off, but only because they need to make money, its fair, but there's nothing wrong with having knowledge as an advantage.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Here we go guys, a few picture as an update, got the add in place and win 7 installed.

The Very Small SSD.

The best cable management anyone's ever seen.

And some Granny Smiths Apple to show you how massive the tank of a case is.

Just a little update for you guys, the SSD is running everything so fast. Loving it!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.