How to upgrade computer to handle this game.

Currently, this game is by far the one that I play the most. In story mode I tend to get very low fps, especially when carrying the torch. (I'm guessing the awesome lighting is one of the most intensive processes in this game). I run all the settings on low.

I am thinking of upgrading my computer and I'm wondering if any more hardware savvy people could offer suggestions of where the bottleneck is.

I have:
Intel i5-2310 2.90 GHz CPU
ATI RADEON HD 4870 x2
8 gb RAM

Thanks!

Syllabear3

It should be enough? Im running a Phenom 965 x4 BE 3,6oc without problems...

Maybe crossfire is giving you problems... does this game suport it?

Chase

Insider
This game can usually run on potatoes, so your computer should at least be able to maintain 60fps on a 1080p monitor. Check to make sure Super Sampling is turned all the way off, as it is by far the most intensive graphics option. If that doesn't work, check to see if you have any programs running in the background sucking up resources. Also, some screen recording/streaming softwares can cause issues with this game.

If you're really intent on upgrading regardless, I would definitely suggest getting a newer single GPU. A good low wattage card that I've used on a few of my builds is the GTX 750ti, can handle this game no problem as long as SS stays at or below medium. If you want to upgrade your CPU, you'll probably want to a get a new motherboard as well so you can use a newer generation CPU. I'm currently using an i5-4460 @3.2GHz and it is more than enough for this game. Make sure you aren't buying the 'K' version of a CPU (or whatever the AMD equivalent is) unless you plan on overclocking, as you will just be wasting money.

Thank you for the advice!

After being told that my hardware should be sufficient I did some investigating and found that editing the settings file allows you to lower the settings lower than the in game interface lets you. I can get 60 fps now most of the time.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.