I Absolutely Love This Game

The positives of this game have been said dozens of times over, and I believe everyone here sees the appeal so I won't go over it again.

However, I wil criticize what I have seen in my own experiences. And I have to say it completely pisses me off to no end. I have never played a game that draws me in so much to play it, but completely repels me with a slap to the face.

I've played for around 15 hours so far, and I will proudly say that I am only mostly shit. Not completely shit. With that said, I still have no understanding of why character movement isn't based on camera orientation. Before someone eventually says "git gud, you're just bad", I don't think the combat is actually all that hard. This "difficulty" I hear talked about all the time is just the fact that I now have to work against 15+ years of ingrained gaming knowledge that you control from the camera. I just don't process movement abstractly that the controls change with movement, and not the camera.

And why is it sometimes that enemy AI doesn't have to follow the same physics rules of the character? I lost my third character after accidentally stumbling a the bathroom while trying to goad out the zombie with a metal pole. When I got stuck inside, the zombie could swing as much as it wanted, even as it hit walls, debris, or my shield. Even as it struck solid objects, it lost no power in it's swing. The very first time it managed to hit me, the pole halved my health -with a quarter of that turning red - even after it had hit two different walls. I struck it up as a bug, but going back with my next character, it managed to sit in the doorway while slamming the pole back and forth. I couldn't do anything about it, because the pole did rediculous amounts of damage with no swinging room.

Continuing on that, why is it zombies can power up a swing so much without actually having to wind up. I find it annoying that the character has to first enter a combat stance, and then start swinging, but enemy AI can go straight from resting to a full-power swing in a split second. I lost my fourth character while a swing exaclty like this instantly killed him. The zombie's hatchet actually traveled faster my character's sword, even though I had swung before him? Obviously I'm not saying that enemies shouldn't react to hostile actions, but sometimes the reaction time is a little hellacious.

Both of these deaths didn't feel like I was at fault for playing badly (excluding stumbling into the room by accident), but rather felt cheap by strange game mechanics and wonky interaction.

Syllabear3

Cause zombies lift bro. Do you even lift?

You dont need to engage if you dont feel enough confident.
And yes, every hit you get its your fault, no one else is playing. Train in the arena first (practice) then go to the explore mode. You will feel like a champ ;)

I lift seven times a week, thank you! :^)

Yea, I actually remembered feint was a thing that I could do, felt silly after thinking about it. I use it to engage whenever a zombie isn't immediately hostile, which seeing how level 2 is going, isn't going to be a problem for much longer. I know that when I get hit, it's my fault, but that certain enounter was just downright unfair. No amount of blocking helped me, because his swings would just power right through unimpeded.

I have trained in the arena, and I still don't see myself getting any better with the camera. It just does't make sense to me, and the constant switching orientation between keys is throwing me for a hell of a loop.

Syllabear3

Use space to move the camera where your cursor is, using your character as axis.
Step back and aim where the enemys blow is coming for the block to be more succesful. You can use shift to step faster.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.