Impactful weapon suggestion

nox

Insider
I don't know about you, but gay can mean cliched and shallow, not just homosexuality. No idea some one can be so easily offended and still go on with daily life.
Yeah it can mean something else to some people, but the most obvious thing it means to most people is homosexuality. Sure you can say 'this' or 'that' is gay when being around your friends who know what you mean, but using it to describe something negative in a public forum might not be the best idea. Some might be offended, but most will just think you are immature.

Gamers are simple creatures, just make the game do something players are liking but aren't expecting will make their heart pounding around in their chests like kittens to be drowned
This is just wrong! All gamers are not "simple creatures", where the hell did you get that from? And using an analogy like "kittens to be drowned" just seems like you want to shock people, like a 14 year old who is trying to be edgy. Seriously you need to think before posting things like this because it makes you sound like a kid.

, or have the most amazing jaw dropping visuals and animations: Diablo 3.
Wow! This is the first time I've heard this about Diablo 3. IIRC people thought it was ugly and cartoonish.

Anyways about impactful weapons: I think the system in place will be awesome as it is, without all those over the top flashy moves. I feel like it would break the immersion if you some how could swing a big enough hammer to squash a person into mush in one hit (also break the laws of physics). The only time I would like to see something like this is with thaumaturgy, if there is a spell that rips enemies apart or something, that would be quite cool.

And the sound design seem quite good to me, the few things we have heard so far.

BrecMadak

Insider
Xerxes, simple and clear, SG will not be a game to suit your likes or expectations, your whole posts prove this already. Your posts do not make any sense since at least 90% consist of assumptions which are non-viable and yet to mislead other new members also.

Better to wait for Lineage Eternal and the likes.

Subhu Man

Insider
Zweihander (big german two handed sword) about 3kg
Weedy Person about 57kg
Assuming a 100% inelastic transfer of momentum (the sword sticks to the dude) to knock a guy along a 45 degree parabolic arc 1 meter back from where the sword struck would take a sword swing of... ...math math math... about 60 meters a second. Or faster than the fastest baseball pitch...

Essentially every report you have ever heard of people being knocked back or sent flying by sword or fist blows was probably a lie. They staggered.

Physics, it's not just for fun, its the Law.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Zweihander (big german two handed sword) about 3kg
Weedy Person about 57kg
Assuming a 100% inelastic transfer of momentum (the sword sticks to the dude) to knock a guy along a 45 degree parabolic arc 1 meter back from where the sword struck would take a sword swing of... ...math math math... about 60 meters a second. Or faster than the fastest baseball pitch...

Essentially every report you have ever heard of people being knocked back or sent flying by sword or fist blows was probably a lie. They staggered.

Pyysics, it's not just for fun, its the Law.
That was the most entertaining physics lesson I've ever had. :D

Rushakoff

Insider
Although there are features of this game that are fantastical (such as humanoid monsters and giants) I think the goal of the devs is too pull these types of things into the realm of reality and plausibility. Not create the most realistic game ever, but make a fantasy experience that feels grounded and real instead of flashy and impossible. I really like this idea, and I know I'll be playing it for most likely hundreds of hours. I definitely don't need flashy moves and hyper armor to keep me interested (in fact those are the kinds of things that kill interest for me). I love the way the game is going so far, and I like BrecMadak said, its pretty clear this is just not the kind of game for people looking for a flashy, fast paced, action packed, hard-boiled extravaganza.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.