Improved sounds in the combat alpha confirmed

lvk

Insider
Something Bare Mettle has mentioned yesterday on their pre-alpha gameplay video, but not yet shared on the forums, I'm reposting it here for everyone who missed it.
Virtually all the sound in this video is placeholder. We've recently done a complete overhaul of sound as we're releasing a combat alpha in a few days, this includes greatly improved voices.

lvk

Insider
Took me a few reads to understand that (I'm very tired). Thanks, although not sure why this is in the insider forums.
Whoops, was meant to go in general discussion. The site was responding very slowly all of a sudden.

@Komuflage It's mostly because this is information indiscriminately made public by Bare Mettle, and because it indicates an improvement to the game as a whole.

If a forum moderator comes across this post, could you please relocate the thread to GD?

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
I was really excited when I read that they planned to (and already had) replaced all of the game sounds.

The system worked well where you could hear steps, grunts from characters when they were struck and the sound of impact was actually based on where you hit (Hitting a helmet sounded different than hitting chainmail). But the actual sounds themselves did sound very placeholder and didn't really fit with the quality look of the rest of the game. It was especially obvious they weren't of high quality when compared with the stellar background music we've heard in the various videos.

I can't wait to hear how it all sounds when the Alpha build drops in a few days!

Bulldog

Insider
I was really excited when I read that they planned to (and already had) replaced all of the game sounds.

The system worked well where you could hear steps, grunts from characters when they were struck and the sound of impact was actually based on where you hit (Hitting a helmet sounded different than hitting chainmail). But the actual sounds themselves did sound very placeholder and didn't really fit with the quality look of the rest of the game. It was especially obvious they weren't of high quality when compared with the stellar background music we've heard in the various videos.

I can't wait to hear how it all sounds when the Alpha build drops in a few days!
I'm in agreement improved sounds can only make the game more immersive and while it's unnecessary for an alpha it certainly is appreciated. It shows the care that BM is putting into this game. :)

lvk

Insider
About time someone gave Rob something to do. Everyone is so well behaved on these forums that Rob never gets to use his powers :p
I'm sure Rob's gonna have all the fun he can handle once the game's further in development and the NDA officially ends.

Reactions: Rob

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.