Improvised Weapons?

I apologize if something like this has been posted before, but what can we expect in regard to using environmental objects and the like as weapons? I was thinking stuff along the lines of breaking chairs over peoples heads and tossing barrels at stuff. Perhaps even breaking a bottle and using that as a rudimentary cutting weapon?

Komuflage

Insider
Since everything is physic based with "real" collisions, you most likely can use the environment as weapons. Pushing a boulder down a hill. However I don't think we can pick up chairs or similar (maybe using a push power we can push barrels and the like on a enemy, that they'll trip over, and with enough force kill or hurt them)

Fawz

Insider
The devs have said that weapons don't have a traditional damage stat number like most isometric RPG games, instead the amount of 'damage' you deal is based on the force of the impact which in turn can also do things like knock down the opponent.

As Komuflage said, I don't think you'll be able to equip random items as 'weapons' (ie: Brooms, chairs, plates, ect...) but if objects were to strike someone with enough force it would cause damage and potentially a knockdown effect. Now how you as a player would go around using that against your opponent isn't very clear. I don't think you would be able to personally pick up an item and throw it (the out of combat object manipulation uses a collision free control system). But with thaumaturgy it could be possible to propel objects towards your opponent, or you could make objects roll down a hill, fall from cliff or from atop a high building.

TL DR: I don't think there's specific features put in to allow you to use random objects as weapons, but the nature of the physics engine makes it possible for any object that has mass and can be moved to deal 'damage' or knockdown a character.

Madoc

Project Lead
You will be able to use most things that can be wielded as weapons, a broom could be used quite easily (although not a very effective weapon) and various farming tools make for half decent weapons. The pitchfork in the last public video was intended as an example of this, the dead villagers also had various farming tools (e.g. a hoe) near their bodies. Something like a chair would be more difficult as we'd need to develop a whole new chair fighting style. What @Fawz says about other objects is pretty accurate.

Marc

Insider
So if weapons don't utilize traditional damage stats, what sets unique or 'magical' weapons apart from ordinary weapons that can produce the same physical force? Maybe the material they're made from or some thaumaturgic effect?:confused: I seem to recall reading there would likely be unique artifacts to discover..not sure if they might not necessarily be weapons though.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.