InSomnia - An RPG Set in a Brutal Dieselpunk Universe

BrecMadak

Insider

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-an-rpg-set-in-a-brutal-dieselpunk-univers

There are and will be very few games , which are gonna be in a close line to SG, if not so close; but partly. And here is what I'm talking about, InSomnia a game that will interest SG'ers mostly. The company, Mono is currently a 6 man team.

• InSomnia is an old-school, Fallout-inspired RPG, but with some important twists;
• Classless, leveless RPG system, allowing both complexity, reach and flexibility in both character creation and development;
• Dynamic combat, assisted by our random events generator, will frequently put you in a bind - but in a fun way!
• Sci-fi setting. A lone ark spaceship, feelings of confusion, loss, isolation. It traveled for so long, that its inhabitants lost their hope — and even their humanity
• Randomly generated content done right. We use mix of hand-crafted and randomly generated content, to ensure that our game would have both varied gameplay and strong storyline;
• Our game will have co-op mode, like Divinity: Original Sin, with some hand-tailored content for it, though it’s not our main priority, but not just a gimmick, either;
• Music — dark ambient, inspired by Mark Morgan’s works (both Fallouts and PST), but with its own sound and flavor.
Unique atmosphere, blending both sci-fi and dystopian elements.
Let the game speaks itself and hereby I'd like to leave you alone with KS campaign, oh and not to forget ost serie;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLgM3gvrHTUKlqtW6MRMQ36jegMNKPimsB&v=-NAeryDw_fM

http://www.insomnia-project.com/

And lastly, PCGamer picked Insomnia as a campaign: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/04/dieselpunk-rpg-insomnia-returns-to-kickstarter-and-its-not-an-mmo/

Good reads fellas !

Last edited:

Komuflage

Insider
I never heard Dieselpunk before, but I know I love Steampunk and isometric RPGs, so this is a given for me.
TY for the tip :)

BrecMadak

Insider
'Dieselpunk' term is new to me as well, could be called cyberpunk to be more of an extensive usage, if not precise totally.
InSomnia has bits of Bioshock and Arcanum influence in design aspects which drives me at most !
Besides, keywords like sandbox, hardcore, non-linear and points of no return ? That's so metal :cool: \m/

I rarely pledge and when I do you can be very sure of that game's take is dark, metal, passionate and hardcore at once ! :p

Btw have you checked stretch goals yet ? I hope they would hit 150K tier.

An example to dieselpunk art through wiki page;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieselpunk

Last edited:

Parco

THE BARREL IS ALIVE :eek:
the game does looks interesting, i tried the demo and im gonna need some time getting used to the awkward camera control, will be interesting to see what the game will be like closer to beta

BrecMadak

Insider
Good to see few fellas interested in, if you can spread the word to your firends as well. This one definitly looking promising along with SG !

Komuflage

Insider
I agree with parco on the camera thing though.
The game uses the same controls as a typical 3:rd person MMO: Hold down RMB and move mouse to rotate camera/character and WASD to move, but at the same time it's isometric, which doesn't make much sense to me. Now you could play it in the standard Isometric way by left clicking were you wanted your character to move, but then the camera would auto rotate and auto zoom, which felt really awkward.

Also in the current build, the game felt very sluggish, if you pressed Space, it took a sec for the character before he blocked, and if you released Space right away, it would take another sec for the character to drop his guard. If the game is going to rely on reflexes, then the controls need to be extremely tight.

BrecMadak

Insider
Directly from ks campaign page incase you did not notice;
Please read the accompanying text before downloading

This is a technical demo, a work in progress :) Most animations, sound effects, key bindings, even the character's 3D model will be greatly improved in the final build. Please remember that this is a tech-demo, and people really should not expect much from it. 95% of what you see represented in the tech demo will be remade several times before final release. Also, you should expect a few bugs and maybe even crashes - we still need to do a lot of work on optimization.
However things will be reported in forums once ks is successfuly funded (forums will be opened only by then). Sure it has many hassles, broken mechanics as mentioned, but as with all alpha games there will be no more which is the case for almost every alpha status games !

BrecMadak

Insider
# 12. 'You asked, we listened'

Female playable character stretch goal deleted, and will be inside the vanilla ! And console possibility confirmed which developers mention boldly that pc version will always be in top priority and this will not influence the quality of outcome of the game by any means !

Fawz

Insider
Their new Kickstarter pitch is organised a lot better and paints a clearer picture of what they hope the game to be. It seems like they have some really cool ideas, and I really like the art style (reminds me of BLAME). I'm very surprised by the amount of concept art they already have to show, it looks like the game has been on their minds for a long time.

Things are looking good for the game so far and I hope it works out. Divinity: Original Sin has shown that classic open world co-op RPGs funded through Kickstarter and Early-Access can work, so I really hope this one works as well.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.