Introduction Thread

I saw we did not have one of these so I figured we should get to know each other a tad. If this is not wanted or something, please do send this thread to the deepest pit of forum hell. Searches revealed no thread like this though, so I imagine I am alright.

I am a 15 year old from the United States, young I know. I have always had a passion for the middle ages and literature and for the past few years I have been trying to learn how to professionally read and write. I am working on two novels I will most likely never try and get published and am doing stand up comedy as a side hobby. I have also been trying to learn how to 3d model, though I am none too good at it.

I love open world games, especially medieval ones; which is why I have to tentatively name Mount & Blade Warband as my favorite game currently. Coming up close would be the Total War series. Coming up close for my favorite genre would have to be science-fiction, though that does not have as much bearing here as my fantasy fetish I suppose.

Derangle

Saw this game and it looked really cool, didn't pledge because I have a feeling my money wont count as the kickstarter will be 'kicked' so I will donate on this website. I'm 21 from the UK and like the drunk fighting in this game.

Murf

40 yrs old, been playing computer RPG's since Telengard and Dunzhin(graphically ones, of course I played Zork as well) on the C64 (Load"*" Press play on the datasette and wait an excruciating 45 min before being able to play.) I saw this game through Kickstarter via Reddit and am blown away. Very nice job Dev's, already made my donation through your website here and cannot wait till this gets released.

Kaizer0002

Insider
I am 28 year old QA Engineer who has worked for EA and Zynga. The physics driven nature of the combat intrigued me as I crave innovation in gameplay. You can look forward to my Alpha testing and when the Kickstarter goes through designing a character based the character on my profile picture.

hredthel

Insider
I am 28 year old QA Engineer who has worked for EA and Zynga. The physics driven nature of the combat intrigued me as I crave innovation in gameplay. You can look forward to my Alpha testing and when the Kickstarter goes through designing a character based the character on my profile picture.
Morrowind meets Trigun?

Rob

The background concept/role is more important to me than strictly the appearance (for example I don't expect him to wear red tinted sunglasses given Sui Generis' setting).
More like some sort of Fagin geezer character, then?

Rob

Saw this game and it looked really cool, didn't pledge because I have a feeling my money wont count as the kickstarter will be 'kicked' so I will donate on this website. I'm 21 from the UK and like the drunk fighting in this game.
No no no no no!!!!! That's not how it works!!!!!

Donating via this website is futile unless the Kickstarter campaign succeeds.

If the Kickstarter campaign fails then Bare Mettle has already said that all of the people that pledged on this website will be refunded!!! If you actually want to contribute and make a difference, use Kickstarter, not this website!

If the Kickstarter campaign fails, it could be that Bare Mettle decide that the way forward is to run a private campaign from their website, at which point pledging on their website will be great... but that time has not yet come!!!

Psychomorph

Insider
I am 31 and currently reside in Germany. Above all I like realism in games, I can enjoy Quake Live for half an hour, but I can play Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear for 24.
Everybody has his or her "best game ever", to me it is the Thief series, because it intensified everything I like about games, everything that made me a gamer - deep immersion and super realistic mechanics. This is also what got me interested in Sui Generis, because it looked like it could be immersive and based on natural (realistic) mechanics. I love stealth games, but the (old school) tactical simulation genre is my favourite.
I actually don't like open world games, as they tend to remove immersion for me, when they make things obviously unrealistic, such as the scaling (a castle is a city, couple of huts are a village in Elder Scrolls). I like to be sent on a journey (mission based), but within each level to have alot of freedom and sort of an open world like approach. Gameplay is the most important aspect for me, but a great story and interesting characters add to it. Thief excells at all of it.
The only console I own is the SNES. I am a PC gamer only and mostly play 10 year old games. There are only few modern games I like, most of my favourite franchises were destroyed by the big companies. These days I focus more on independant developers, which drew me to Kickstarter.

Speaking about Kickstarter.
didn't pledge because I have a feeling my money wont count as the kickstarter will be 'kicked' so I will donate on this website.
already made my donation through your website here.
People, you can donate via PayPal any time, but the Kickstarter is where it counts. To reach the funding BareMettle needs the Kickstarter needs to be successful and it cannot if you donate here. If the Kickstarter will not be successful, than I doubt the money donated via PayPal will be of much use.

Rob

Nice idea for a thread, Hedge Knight! :)

Taken me a while, but thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Rob. Obviously. I'm 27, from GB, currently living in Cambridge. Officially, I'm trained as a mathematician, statistician & modeller. I then obtained a masters degree in mathematics with application to the living environment. Last year I gained my PhD in chemistry, specifically in structural bioinformatics. I'm also a software developer, primarily in platform-independent c++, but I have dabbled elsewhere. Basically, I do stuff theoretically on paper, then convey that to biochemists by writing software for them to use. I'm currently working as a post-doctoral medical research scientist, inventing and implementing advancements in macromolecular x-ray crystallography, creating software for use by structural biologists in academia and by pharmaceutical companies.

I have a passion for PC gaming, especially for RPGs, although I am open minded. I think that Sui Generis, and everything that Bare Mettle stands for, is awesome!!! I look forwards to speaking to you all more in the forum!!!

RichardTito

Nice idea for a thread, Hedge Knight! :)

Taken me a while, but thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Rob. Obviously. I'm 27, from GB, currently living in Cambridge. Officially, I'm trained as a mathematician, statistician & modeller. I then obtained a masters degree in mathematics with application to the living environment. Last year I gained my PhD in chemistry, specifically in structural bioinformatics. I'm also a software developer, primarily in platform-independent c++, but I have dabbled elsewhere. Basically, I do stuff theoretically on paper, then convey that to biochemists by writing software for them to use. I'm currently working as a post-doctoral research scientist, inventing and implementing advancements in macromolecular x-ray crystallography, creating software for use by structural biologists in academia and by pharmaceutical companies.

I have a passion for PC gaming, especially for RPGs, although I am open minded. I think that Sui Generis, and everything that Bare Mettle stands for, is awesome!!! I look forwards to speaking to you all more in the forum!!!
I don't know quite what to post after that, I feel anything I write will sound inferior.

My full name is my username, which in hindsight seems a bit naive and odd, but I feel like the forum self populated my name in for me (At least thats who I shall blame). I'm 22 and also from Great Britain, though not sure we're as deserving of the great at the beginning of our country's title, considering the current state of affairs. I digress however, I began my love affair with RPGs when my siblings and I were gifted Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition one Christmas. I was utter shite at it and I drove my brother, the game master, up the wall. I've enjoyed numerous RPGs (Both book & Videogame) but with age I've developed a neurotic disorder to rationalise every game I play and if it doesn't meet a specific criteria of realism and immersion it's quickly discarded. I feel Suis Generis is the first game to come close to what I crave in terms of realism and immersion, I would personally kill for it to be in first person, but I think that may be too grand a request. I also happen to marvel at computer science and would like to be a novice of computer programming, but failed at making a simple text program that is often referred to as the 'Hello World' program. I apologise if this was an incoherent mess, I tend to ramble and it is late.

Reactions: Rob
I saw a clip of the game play on gamtrailers bonus round and i nearly spit my coffee on my monitor. Only 10 seconds of gameplay footage made me realize this games potential. I donated via paypal, i dont understand how the money from paypal doesn't help their cause. Im not sure how this kickstart stuff works, if it comes to it i will throw a small amount on the kickstarter. If i did that will i get two beta codes or two copies?

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I saw a clip of the game play on gamtrailers bonus round and i nearly spit my coffee on my monitor. Only 10 seconds of gameplay footage made me realize this games potential. I donated via paypal, i dont understand how the money from paypal doesn't help their cause. Im not sure how this kickstart stuff works, if it comes to it i will throw a small amount on the kickstarter. If i did that will i get two beta codes or two copies?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the £40 pledge gives you 2 copies and beta access.

If the kickstarter fails, they get none of the money from it, and paypal does not help it not fail.

Psychomorph

Insider
Put as much money on Kickstarter as possible. PayPal donations help, but at this point Kickstarter is crucial.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.