Jagged Alliance kickstarter

cosmo bozo

Insider
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback

Love JA2, this prequel is based on JA2 mechanics rather than the poorly received recent RTWP reboot and is made by different developers.

Coming up to the last 48 hours and could do with a boost

Love the way the developers have listened to the fans wishes and also included well known modders from the start

I do think they should have waited till they had more to show before kickstarting but I hope it makes it

Mkilbride

Supporter
It'll hit anyways.

My issue was this. I believe in cross-pollination between KS. Advertise back and forth, be nice and polite.

However, on several Kickstarters, JA people posted, and said "Don't fund this crap, fund JA instead!"

On about 3 different Kickstarters I saw. I am -not- OK with that. Saying something like "Hey guys, JA could really use your help, if you've anything left and are interested in the RTS genre, check out JA"

Not "DONATE TO JA, NOT THIS PILE OF SHIT" (copy & pasted)

Fawz

Insider
Are you sure that's the people behind JA though and not backers/fans from the public?
Looking through the comments they made in the last week I could find nothing close to what you mentioned.

Either way it's bad practice but unless it's directly related to the Devs from JA I don't think you should hold them in contempt.

As for the project itself, it looks bland and rushed with the only positives being that it plays on nostalgia. But then again such projects are quite popular on Kickstarter and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not for me.

Mkilbride

Supporter
I didn't say the people behind JA, I said backers.

And yes, I do hold them in contempt.

If I, went to another KS, and said "Don't back this pile, back Sui Generis, it's way better!"

I never said I blamed JA, just it's backers, and that turns people off.

Fawz

Insider
When you say JA people it sounds like you mean the JA devs, not JA fans.

And I stand by my statement, just cause some fans are ass holes it doesn't mean you should take take it out on the ones who worked on JA and are working hard to make it successful.

cosmo bozo

Insider
Well I'd like to think my post on here was a bit more civilised and well meaning than "DONATE TO JA, NOT THIS PILE OF SHIT" :p

It was just a heads up for RPG fans who might not have looked at kickstarter for a while, and it's a game I'd love to see done right

I don't see a couple of knobhead fans as being a reason to dismiss it, it's down to whether you like the game and think they will do it justice

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.