Kickstarter Campaign

Psychomorph

Insider
I don't think that is a good move, at least this early. Biscuit tends to be rather honest in his reviews, and giving him a horribly unfinished copy; no matter how fun, is both un-professional and unwise. He is going to tear the game apart and make it look horrible simply because the unfinished copy is not going to be any where near the quality of the finished game.
I've been following several of his reviews, he is honest, but always in relation. SG would be a tech demo at most and he would point it out and in relation to that fact, he would rather focus to bring the positive aspects to mention that the developers try to convey as their vision.

I've been following several of his reviews, he is honest, but always in relation. SG would be a tech demo at most and he would point it out and in relation to that fact, he would rather focus to bring the positive aspects to mention that the developers try to convey as their vision.
Even if you are right (which I am not sure of, as I do not personally know him) there still really is not that much to show. He would sort of just stumble around, kill some skeletons, go "ummm that was cool" and then the video would be over. I am sure he would make it much more appealing than that, but there is still not much to show. There is also the fact TB is a very busy man and I doubt he has time to just review a tech demo. I support having him review the game, but only when it is much more presentable.

Psychomorph

Insider
He made a Dishonored review/preview of the Party mission. He was basically doing nothing, constantly screwing up and restarting. Basically just walking around. However, he was talking alot about his impression of the game. He does not need much to review games.

You might be right however, SG is probably not ready to be tried by an outsider and he might not have the time to do this.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
The Hedge Knight is right in what he says thought don't think we need reviews just someone to say back this game and show why it needs backing.

Reactions: Rob

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Saw this link on another KS project: Very good advice. For this or next time ;)
http://www.gamesbrief.com/2012/07/kickstarter-after-the-kick-but-before-the-start/

If Sui Generis did fail, I think a good idea would be to start the Kickstarter again in like end OF February/March, and literally build this forum up and the dev's need to talk to popular gaming sites and get and create a new pitch video.

Madoc definitely needs to say in the first 20 seconds that he created all of it first, and then people added on, but be specific!

I do have faith in Sui Generis, just because the first one might fail, doesn't mean the second one will, just as long as people learn! But you never know! it might get very popular in the last day haha, Let's hope!

BrecMadak

Insider
Still i can't see the obligatory statement saying that Sui Generis is strictly against pay-to-win, since Madoc already mentioned on board. Personally i find this playing a quite big role on introducing the game to masses, and should be written in a way that no one ever could miss it.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Still i can't see the obligatory statement saying that Sui Generis is strictly against pay-to-win, since Madoc already mentioned on board. Personally i find this playing a quite big role on introducing the game to masses, and should be written in a way that no one ever could miss it.
I'd prefer some of it to be pay to play, for example DLC which opens up a new island per say. I don't mind paying for big updates, but if we have to pay for say a special type of arrow, it would just be a bit silly.

P.S - I'd pay for a mounts DLC ;) ;) ;)

BrecMadak

Insider
I'd prefer some of it to be pay to play, for example DLC which opens up a new island per say. I don't mind paying for big updates, but if we have to pay for say a special type of arrow, it would just be a bit silly.

P.S - I'd pay for a mounts DLC ;) ;) ;)
Matey, you misunderstood the term P2W i think. It is there when a power could be bought via money, if that ever happens, this means it is the time to take my leave off here sadly, hopefully wouldn't happen ever.

It's reasonable to buy hardly worked packages over time after vanilla once released, or microtransactions such as cosmetics and likes nothing wrong about that. But never ever "a power" that would make you stronger than others, things like enlarging your inventory capacity is also counted. (not that i doubt it though - a small example)

I'm strictly against such systems, hope you would agree with this.
And that is the reason why i feel that it should be stickied in bold into the very first page of kickstarter project.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Matey, you misunderstood the term P2W i think. It is there when a power could be bought via money, if that ever happens, this means it is the time to take my leave off here sadly, hopefully wouldn't happen ever.

It's reasonable to buy hardly worked packages over time after vanilla once released, or microtransactions such as cosmetics and likes nothing wrong about that. But never ever "a power" that would make you stronger than others, things like enlarging your inventory capacity is also counted. (not that i doubt it though - a small example)

I'm strictly against such systems, hope you would agree with this.
And that is the reason why i feel that it should be stickied in bold into the very first page of kickstarter project.
Yes I did, sorry, if it was Pay to Win then i'd definitely come away from this game. It would ruin it. BUT pay to play in some instances I'm for! :)

Rob

Yeah, I've got no problems paying for additional content, like DLC expansion packs (such as Bioware's model employed in Mass Effect and Dragon Age).

However, I'm strictly again pay-to-win (such as Witcher Versus) and pay-to-play (e.g. most MMOs).

I'm glad that Bare Mettle seem to take the same stance.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Yeah, I've got no problems paying for additional content, like DLC expansion packs (such as Bioware's model employed in Mass Effect and Dragon Age).

However, I'm strictly again pay-to-win (such as Witcher Versus) and pay-to-play (e.g. most MMOs).

I'm glad that Bare Mettle seem to take the same stance.
I don't mind P2P, as long as the gameplay is epic.

I hope that the game is single player first and foremost, otherwise I am out... I enjoy the possibility of coop, but if we are talking about an MMO style game.... No thx.

Psychomorph

Insider
Saw this link on another KS project: Very good advice. For this or next time ;)
http://www.gamesbrief.com/2012/07/kickstarter-after-the-kick-but-before-the-start/
Good read. I agree with many things from a backer perspective. He says that it is important to hear what the community says and eventually add more tiers, they did and it worked out. Someone here, including myself, asked for a £30 tier (2 copies and beta access, I asked for 1 copy and alpha+beta), but there was no reaction. I think it is to the campaign disadvantage. The developers need to be fast and flexible when it comes to that.
Thing is, that 20 pounds are more money to EU residents than what the number suggests and even more to US residents (not much less to others I guess), the gap between £20 and £40 is huge in Dollar. And there is practically no option in between and this is the area where most backers are settled in. You guys should think about to add a £30 tier, at least. It may not save the world, not at this point, but people need options.
Of course, anybody is free to pledge more than £20, but Kickstarter is not a charity campaign, people are after the prize, this needs to be understood and used to your own advantage.

Psychomorph

Insider
TotalBiscuit reviewed/previewed Maia on YouTube. Top Comments has a plea to check out Sui Generis and it is on top (visible) right now, keep "liking" it to keep it in view and post your comment.

Excellent, if he sees this, which he may well do, he'll probably check it out. If he does I have no doubt that he will be interested in the game, how can you not be?

Rob

He definitely should do... Sui Generis seems much more polished than Maia. Not to take anything away from Maia - just that Sui Generis is awesome!!!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.