Local music thread!

Post some of your hometown/regional musical heroes. These Belgian guys are headlining our youthhouse's festival (which happens every 5 years) this year.

They're pretty freaking great to have :D

Last edited:
Atlanta, GA: I don't really listen to Mastodon but I've been on set with them. A lot of their recent videos have had a huge influence from my friend Shane Morton. You'll see a snake lady around 1:30, that's my friend Renee.
As I said, I'm not a fan of their music but they are cool guys and all the women twerking are Atlanta locals. This vid got some flak but all the women were so nice on set and really enjoyed themselves. The band did very little directing for them, basically said "Just make it look good" lol

RobG

Insider
Oh if you like bubblegum pop punk with horror, these guys were local for me before I relocated (I'm actually in this video lol)

Last edited:
Atlanta, GA: I don't really listen to Mastodon but I've been on set with them. A lot of their recent videos have had a huge influence from my friend Shane Morton. You'll see a snake lady around 1:30, that's my friend Renee.
As I said, I'm not a fan of their music but they are cool guys and all the women twerking are Atlanta locals. This vid got some flak but all the women were so nice on set and really enjoyed themselves. The band did very little directing for them, basically said "Just make it look good" lol
Being someone who greatly enjoys hardrock and heavy metal, I've never gotten into Mastadon really. They're not bad by no means but I've never gotten into them.

Guy

Lucero, Tennessee. The lead singer is from Arkansas.

Slobberbone, Denton Texas

Wilco, all over, but the lead singer Jeff Tweedy is from Bellville IL

Bottle Rockets, Festus Missouri

From Ohio via Houston Texas, Haden Sayers and the Haden Sayers band. PLays blues and rock, but this is the Surfer Melody he plays at the end of every show. Absolute tits.

Also, Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo, The Drams, Chris Kinght, Two Cow Garage, Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams), Ray Wiley Hubbard, Bastard Sons of Johny Cash, BR-549, Black Crowes, The Byrds, Big Star, Leon Russel, Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry, so on and so forth.

RobG

Insider
Wilco, all over, but the lead singer Jeff Tweedy is from Bellville IL
I actually saw Wilco at a festival in 2009, think that was the same year the 13th floor elevators played :)

Another band, I used to be friends with some of the members of back in the day, very weird music which I love.

Last edited:

Faelivrin

Insider
Well, even if it is not one of my strongest my passions, what i am going to share with you is one of the most unique and traditional custom of the zone of Spain where i live. It is called 'Verdiales'.
The first video is a festival in my town dedicated to this kind of music, some of my friends are here but many more groups of different towns use to come every year, each one with following one of the three styles Almogía, Comares and Montes. Here you can see there is one group in the background stage, but there are groups, people, instruments, songs, music and dances in every corner:

Crazy isn't it? :) This must be the most pure definition of folkloric. And this goes on til the morning!
This music is obviously not for everybody, but the ones who like it are really passionate. Like most traditions around here this one have religious background, even if the songs sometimes are kinda wicked teeheehe. But one of the things i like the most about it is that it brings together with music to both very young and very old people and everything in between:

As curiosity i will also point out that two this groups or "pandas" as we call them, can "collide" together. Wins the one who is able to reach higher music speed without loosing the pace (1.50)

Last edited:

Pilluminati

Insider
Well, even if it is not one of my strongest my passions, what i am going to share with you is one of the most unique and traditional custom of the zone of Spain where i live. It is called 'Verdiales'.
The fist video i am going to share is a festivity in my town, some of my friends are here but many more groups of different towns use to come every year, each one with following one of the three styles Almogía, Comares and Montes. Here you can see there is one group in the background stage, but there are groups, people, music, sings and dances in every corner:

Crazy isn't it? :) This is obviously not for everybody, but the ones who like it are really passionate. Like most traditions around here this one have religious background, even if the songs sometimes are kinda wicked teeheehe. But one of the things i like the most about it is that it brings together with music to both very young and very old people and everything in between:

As curiosity i will also point out that two this groups or "pandas" as we call them, can "collide" together. Wins the one who is able to reach higher music speed without loosing the pace (1.50)

There's a pretty good guitarist from Malaga. Not a big fan of the chorus singing but the woman is quite good and love the rhythm.

Also, isn't the style of Malagueñas from Malaga too :p? Cooler than Verdiales imo

Bethain

Developer
They weren't around for long but they are all local musicians from my hometown who are still doing their own thing. And although it sounds a bit dated now, I loved the tune at the time.

Some good stuff posted in this forum already, enjoyed listening, sorry if mine is a but more commercial and less obscure :p

They weren't around for long but they are all local musicians from my hometown who are still doing their own thing. And although it sounds a bit dated now, I loved the tune at the time.

Some good stuff posted in this forum already, enjoyed listening, sorry if mine is a but more commercial and less obscure :p

Bethain

Developer
Oh man, Seattle is home to such a large variety of music and great musicians, some well-known, others not so much. Here's one many will likely recognize:

Probably one of the best versions of the best songs of all time. Also like Lead belly's original but this is just on another planet.

El Maco

Insider
Nice! I still have my Breakbeat Era CD somewhere... "Animal Machine" is a cool track but I agree it all sounds a bit dated these days.

Forgive the silly/weird lyrics, this band's rhymes probably work much better in the native language. However I still find their sound original after all these years

Ruusunpuna

Insider
As an old-school metalhead I'm happy that some small bands here in Finland have started making real metal again! Guys in their twenties playing "80's" heavy metal, the way it should sound. I can but hope that more people start playing real heavy metal again instead of all that modern screamo-grindpunk...

Edit. Well the upper bands are strewn across Finland and are not from my city, so maybe not totally local... But hey, many of the world's cities hold more people than all of Finland(5-6 million).

But anyway I'm from Vaasa, Finland which apparently is "the second worst music city in Finland", hoping to move away soon... :) There was actually a small documentary made about how non-existent the local music scene is. :D

Well here is a band from my city that plays progressive folk rock. I just saw them perform a couple of days ago with a small local orchestra. I don't think their music stands that good on it's own but it could fit very well into a video-game :)

Last edited:
As an old-school metalhead I'm happy that some small bands here in Finland have started making real metal again! Guys in their twenties playing "80's" heavy metal, the way it should sound. I can but hope that more people start playing real heavy metal again instead of all that modern screamo-grindpunk...

Edit. Well the upper bands are strewn across Finland and are not from my city, so maybe not totally local... But hey, many of the world's cities hold more people than all of Finland(5-6 million).

But anyway I'm from Vaasa, Finland which apparently is "the second worst music city in Finland", hoping to move away soon... :) There was actually a small documentary made about how non-existent the local music scene is. :D

Well here is a band from my city that plays progressive folk rock. I just saw them perform a couple of days ago with a small local orchestra. I don't think their music stands that good on it's own but it could fit very well into a video-game :)

I think you'll like this one. Maybe. Very local guys from my area having had some good success playing 80s speed metal

They even did a tour in japan half a year ago. Their live shows are very energetic!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.