Lower Framerate in the New Area + FIX

Tyrek

So after passing through the portal I saw considerably lower framerates. Clearly something about the new areas visuals?

[FIX]
I found that turning down supersampling fixed this for me.

Last edited:

Tottel

Insider
Supersampling is a very performance-heavy anti-aliasing technique. Turning this down should increase your performance in pretty much every scenario.

But, I'm not sure why the framerate would drop after the portal. I've only been there a couple of times and was too busy with erm... staying alive.. to really look at the environment. I did notice a lot of shiny high-quality props, but nowhere near as many as in the levels before.

The only thing I can think of, is that the main area is fairly big without having doors. A while ago, Madoc introduced performance improvements using doors as occluders to separate areas for rendering. Having such a "big" area with lots of lights and objects might cause problems on older hardware with your graphics set too high.

But really, this shouldn't give big issues. What's your hardware?

Tyrek

My hardware is good enough to get 60fps on max graphics in the other parts. So there must be something different about post portal.

Hardware:
Windows 10
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
AMD 4,0 Ghz x8
8gb ram

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.