Madoc lets us try out Stabbing!

CalenLoki

But how will you resolve Sprint then (there are three movements in Exanima: walk (close cursor RMB or WASD) - run (far cursor RMB or close cursor RMB + Shift) - sprint (far cursor RMB + Shift))?
Shift+space+w.
Space would be also used for rapid long leaps in combat - currently handled by holding movement keys. Simple holding wasd would be for combat-walking (precise positioning - small steps) - something like current wasd-tapping, but conitnous.
We know very little about taumaturgy - will it use one or more keys? Effect will be chosen by kind of menu (radial?) or hotkeys?

But let's stay on topic - thrust. I'll post whole future-proof control scheme I'd use in thread about controls.

Moppy

Supporter
My left shift is gone so I use alt for crouch and F for thrust like orlack suggested. Completely changes the game for me, now npcs definitely need the ability to low-block.

also new hairstyles??

Fought an eastern looking dude in full lamellar with that ponytail hairstyle, looked pretty awesome.

I tried out the new stabby action. If your enemy has anything better then chain, you better be using something that isn't a blade.

Moppy

Supporter
I'm usin it with the halberd, it's pretty fast so you can interrupt attacks from other slower weps. Also even if the guy has a plate helm, he's going down when you stick him in the face.. shielded enemies are still the easiest for me because you just swing at their legs all day, and now you can stab them in the foot too.

I'm usin it with the halberd, it's pretty fast so you can interrupt attacks from other slower weps. Also even if the guy has a plate helm, he's going down when you stick him in the face.. shielded enemies are still the easiest for me because you just swing at their legs all day, and now you can stab them in the foot too.
You should try stabby(more like bludgeoning, but you get the idea) with a Pole hammer or something like that.
You can knock them down and just overhead them very easily I've found. the little hook on the back of the hammer also works out for me as it pulls them forward which causes them to stumble and possibly trip.

Moppy

Supporter
You should try stabby(more like bludgeoning, but you get the idea) with a Pole hammer or something like that.
You can knock them down and just overhead them very easily I've found. the little hook on the back of the hammer also works out for me as it pulls them forward which causes them to stumble and possibly trip.
I tried it with the polehammer but my character is too short and weak to knock anybody over lol. Gotta try that with a diff character though.

I like short people? lol it does cause my 2h weapons to get stuck in the ground a lot though.. and somehow half my left>right swings with a 2h sword still go over people's heads.
ah. Practicing timing and such can help alot. and I don't recommend using the overhand with the 2h.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.