Map Editor & Worlds

Dark0ne

Supporter
I'd like to put my backing behind making Sui Generis as modder friendly as possible as well. Being modder friendly isn't just about releasing an editor for the game; that's the creme de la creme of modding, but it's not the be-all and end-all.

What's most important is making the game as modder friendly as possible from the start. Override folders for textures, opening up certain scripts to being easily editable and making as many configuration settings as possible easy and open to editing. These very, very simple steps go a long, long way to making the game really mod friendly without even talking about an SDK.

I understand why an SDK takes time, effort and money and why we rarely see SDK's for modern games. I don't understand why more developers aren't opening up at least some parts of their game to being easily modifiable. Making texture override folders. Not hard coding your config settings. That's the sort of easy stuff a developer can do, that takes practically zero time or effort on their part that can make a big difference.

Hopefully Sui Generis is being developed with this in mind!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.