Maps and identifying items

ZaratanCho

Insider
Well, searching for a "solution/cure" for the curse does not mean you will find one, or that one exists currently. ;D And yes, optinional decisions where you have to sacrifice something in order to achieve/gain something else are important. I say optiniol because there should not be points where you are forced to "fail"(sort of). If you are smart enough you can overcome anything(though some things will be nearly impossible, with a very remote chance of success), but this things are dependant on the individual and the situations, of course. Whatever. ;D

Cooper Holt

Insider
As the game is low-fantasy, I don't think there should be too-too many of these "cursed" weapons/armour pieces, but I don't mind if they exist in the game.

ZaratanCho

Insider
There shouldn't be too many, in order for them to fit well in the world and as a gameplay element. The rest is subjective.

If they are implemented they should be quite rare and a small/er number.
And being rare shouldn't make them strong or good, necesseraly. Should apply to other things too, something being rare doesn't make it useful, gives some depth.

Komuflage

Insider
I agree that they should be very rare, and ofc they shouldn't be "better" that other equipment.
Imo they should only be found wielded by difficult, hidden, optimal bosses (You shouldn't find these by simply following the main event/quest line. Or as hidden treasure like the tomb of King Arthur III.

The difference between a Steel sword and Satan's nail (Which is a cursed Steel sword) should be something like, if u do a thrust attack, and it pierce, it burns the targets intestines, but at the same time it slowly burns the wielder.

So it's still a steel sword, with added buff and debuff.

Or Witch Holgas sanity. Which would be a dagger that slowly drains your sanity (This effect would be visible with that your character starts to lose balance, then hallucinate and so on)
However each time it draws blood from a creature it takes that ones sanity and give it to you, and if you get over 100% sanity, you would get some kind of buff, but when it drains from 100 and down the debuff should slowly "crawl upon you".

These effects should also not be obvious in the form of a text that clearly tell you the buff/debuff. Rather it something you should have to find out or by visiting a Master identifying npc.

Parco

I like the idea of having cursed items that gives both a debuff and a buff

Michael's sword, a blessed steel longsword, the only sword that actually can kill skeletons. But if being used to kill living creatures you will loose a huge % of hp.

Bloodhunter, a sword curved the wrong way, when it deal dmg the wielder will take half if that dmg in return of getting a huge burst of speed for a very short time, the gained speed depends on the dmg done.

cursed items could have an interesting impact of the combat in this game, i hope it will be added and made so its hard to get. and probably make it so the buffs/debuffs are random, so when you start a new world you wont know what kind of effect the cursed weapon will have if you know how to get one.

Komuflage

Insider
I like the idea of having cursed items that gives both a debuff and a buff

Michael's sword, a blessed steel longsword, the only sword that actually can kill skeletons. But if being used to kill living creatures you will loose a huge % of hp.

Bloodhunter, a sword curved the wrong way, when it deal dmg the wielder will take half if that dmg in return of getting a huge burst of speed for a very short time, the gained speed depends on the dmg done.

cursed items could have an interesting impact of the combat in this game, i hope it will be added and made so its hard to get. and probably make it so the buffs/debuffs are random, so when you start a new world you wont know what kind of effect the cursed weapon will have if you know how to get one.
Don't you think it would be lame if there was only one sword that could kill skeletons? :p

Personally I think cursed weapons should have a fixed buff and debuff. If it would be random then the effect might not fit the weapon.
And also I kinda prefer "handcrafted" items (If that makes sense)

Parco

Don't you think it would be lame if there was only one sword that could kill skeletons? :p

Personally I think cursed weapons should have a fixed buff and debuff. If it would be random then the effect might not fit the weapon.
And also I kinda prefer "handcrafted" items (If that makes sense)
as it seems for me the skeletons just keep reassembling themselfs forever and i think having unkillable enemies(but not undefeatable) will be fun. and i think if there was a way to kill them it probably had to be with a blessed weapon :p
when i said random, i didnt mean it to be completely 100% random, was thinking more like the enchantments minecraft have, but also with a debuff attached. just give the buffs/debuffs a point system kinda, where the higher points the stronger the effect is, this way it should be easier to even up the buff with the debuff, i think.
the reason i was thinking it might have been a good idea to make it somewhat random is so if you know how to get one/where to get one you still wont know for shure what you get.
but back to enchanted weapons, i kinda hope they also will add the possibility to enchant your own weapon by using thaumaturgy, i picturing it similar to magicka where the enchantment only lasts for a short time so it wont be too op.

Komuflage

Insider
I to hope for weapon enchantment, I would like something like Demon's souls system where you can go to a blacksmith and permanently enchant it if you've the right materials, and you can also follow different enchantment paths. (each having their pros and cons)
Another thing I would like (And this is "only" for eye candys sake) is if you use thaumaturgy to temporarely enchant a weapon. It would get some visual effect.
Like if you bless a weapon, it'll shine in a bright colour.
If you heat it up, it'll change colour to a more red tone (Just like irl if you heat up steel) and if you are very good at enchanting it will be a more powerful buff, and the weapon will start to flame.
It would be cool if there were an Enchantment form of thaumaturgy that you could level up (Just like Mind, Energy, Force and so on)

Parco

agree, but would also be cool if you were able to enchant away the visuals :p think how fun it would be stealing a weapon, cursing it and then put it back, and when that npc is using it he will be very confused as alot of bad stuff is happening to him, for example make him see enemies that are not there and watch him swing his weapon everywhere while screaming in fear XD

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.