Marked armor layer

berkys32

Im playing arena for some time, and I think it would be nice, if armor have marked which layer it is. Im playing with side character (so i wont loose al items if characer dies), but its hard to tell which place take new armor piece. Will cloth coat replace leather coat, or padded vest? And so on...

zhuliks

Insider
Its unnecessary really. ALL SIDE CHARACTER ITEMS GO BACK TO ARMORY WHEN HE DIES, just click poster on the wall near shop and manage your troops, everything from dead side characters will be stored there.

Additionally before buying anything you can put it on you main character paperdoll to see how it looks and can it be worn with some other pieces.

Finally in time you learn about each type.

burgzaza

Insider
Yeah you won't lose items upon death.
I agree that sometimes when you want to know if you can equip for example a gambeson, you don't really know what element you just replaced. ( if you wear a full coat above it, you have to remove the coat first )
A comparative window, you hover the gambeson and maybe another pannel pops next to it showing if you have an item that occupy the same "slot", like a shirt.
But that's pretty minor.

The great last addition was the replacement of the circles by the rank names on the items.

NachoDawg

I think the best idea would be to somehow see what items you are about to take off when you hover an equipable item over your paper doll. All the items and your character is after all based on a "slottless" system where things replace each other when they occupy the same space (or more truthfully there's just many, many slots on your body and the items occupy an X amount of space/slots).

Put coat on, see if other coat gets taken off.

Put shirt on, see if other shirt gets taken off.

Put pants on, see if other pants gets taken off.

Put shoes on, see if other pair of shoes go off.

Put gloves on, see if other gloves go off.

Put cap on, see if other cap goes off.

Put vest on, see if other vest goes off.

Put boots on, see if other boots go off.

Put braces/vambraces on, see if other braces/vambraces go off.

Put spaulders on, see if other pair goes off.

Put coif on, see if other coif goes off.

Put helmet on, see if other helmet goes off.

Put bracers on, see if other pair goes off.

Put leggings on, see if other leggings go off.

Put armour on, see if other set goes off.

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
You don't see the other shirt move back or manifest itself to the inventory of a recruit, when you equip a new one. At least I didn't see that.
In management window I mean.

NachoDawg

Maybe clothes could become transparent and clothes that will be removed when you put something on can be highlighted?

It might be a bit immersion breaking/doesn't fit with the style. And maybe some edge cases of color/item variations where it wont be apparent what's actually highlighted. Or it could work very well :D

berkys32

Its unnecessary really. ALL SIDE CHARACTER ITEMS GO BACK TO ARMORY WHEN HE DIES, just click poster on the wall near shop and manage your troops, everything from dead side characters will be stored there.

Additionally before buying anything you can put it on you main character paperdoll to see how it looks and can it be worn with some other pieces.

Finally in time you learn about each type.
You really didnt get what I meant.
Im NOT playing with main character, because if it dies, you loose everything. So I can put armor on main character, but I wont see any changes, because all my armor is on my side character...

berkys32

I think the best idea would be to somehow see what items you are about to take off when you hover an equipable item over your paper doll. All the items and your character is after all based on a "slottless" system where things replace each other when they occupy the same space (or more truthfully there's just many, many slots on your body and the items occupy an X amount of space/slots).
This wont help in case you want to buy armor for your side character.
So it would be helpfull, if you can swap between characters in shop, or if you could know layer of armor you are interested in, so you can see in manage tab what your armor will be replaced.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.