Mounts and animals

Infidel

Insider
i would hate necromany to be just a nother diablo clone ability where you spawn a zombie or skeleton out of the ground.
Same here, or like Skyrim where you just cast it on a corpse and whatever it is it costs the same to reanimate then either does everything for you or dies without being useful. I think SG has a lot more potential than that given the combat mechanics and systems for character equipment, layered animation, body type morph targets, locational wounds... It could be something really interesting here.

Orisoll

The part about locational wounds gave me an idea, what if how something died effected how it moved and behaved after being reanimated. So if you slashed someone's leg open before they died their corpse would have some trouble walking. This would make being a necromancer a lot more interesting as you'd have to be careful how you killed things in order to get the best performance out of your minions.

The part about locational wounds gave me an idea, what if how something died effected how it moved and behaved after being reanimated. So if you slashed someone's leg open before they died their corpse would have some trouble walking. This would make being a necromancer a lot more interesting as you'd have to be careful how you killed things in order to get the best performance out of your minions.
That is totally true

It doesn't sound like anything to unrealistic either. They could even be trained to fight with you. But if they die then of course they would not come back so there would be a risk in doing so depending on how difficult it is to tame them

Canis Mactire

Supporter
More than likely a little unwise, most definitely a lot of fun. I don't imagine it as being something that would have any real purpose or advantage in game beyond adding a greater sense of realism. It would after all be very strange to be able to reanimate anything except horses, or to be prevented from riding a reanimated horse if you can ride a living one. I'd love to play a game where messing with this sort of thing is possible but won't go unnoticed by witnesses and can get you into trouble.
The best fun is always the least advisable. :)

Lathspell

raise an skelleton and it will carry you in it's shoulders
mmm a fight of two necromancers over some skelleton

imagine the possibilities

Halvidore

Insider
I'd agree with this to do with reincarnation being in the game. Really good feature to have. With mounts in general being added, I think a simple horse would do if nothing big like undead horses or something else weren't going to be added.

On the topic of animals however, I can't remember reading a lot about what will be in the game. Anyone have any information about this? Because all I see now is different types of races and monsters, not animals...

I hope they include them for NPC's as in market squares and meeting a caravan or two on a trade route (like one major actual ROAD in the game. Roads are expensive as fuck to maintain). As for mounted combat, I'm not sure if it's doable. If you want mounts though, you should just go and play Mount and Blade since they've done such a good job at it :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.