Neverwinter Nights (1&2)

Nightrise

Hey everybody,

I posted a couple threads on the Neverwinter Nights 1 and Neverwinter Nights 2 forums at Bioware (http://social.bioware.com) to spread the word on Sui Generis! Its through friends in this community that I learned about it, and I've seen those games mentioned on these forums a couple of times.

It seems there is intense interest in seeing the beautiful engine developed by your talented team become a platform open to player-driven content and experiences, in the context of multiplayer gameplay. I'm curious in particular on two questions:

1. Is multiplayer and a strong player-driven community a large part of Bare Mettle's vision for Sui Generis, or should we expect an isometric singleplayer rpg such as Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 on kickstarter?

2. What is the community looking forward to most in this game? I know many people have mentioned community content, but I'd like to know in particular what got you passionate about Sui Generis, and what you'd like to see it become (your notion of maximizing its potential).

Personally, I think this could be a great way to not only extend the non-linear paradigm, but also generate a significant amount of revenue and publicity for Sui Generis and Bare Mettle. I think we'd all love to see an amazing singleplayer campaign, but personally I'm much more excited by Sui Generis' creative potential leveraging what already seems like a truly revolutionary engine :).

Nightrise

Valvar

Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. I am extremely excited about the possibilities for player-run servers. Something like NWN, GTA:SA MP, UO freeshards etc. Obviously this is jumping to conclusions, but that is what I really want. For the campaign I really want the sandbox aspect - as few restrictions as possible. Oh, and first person camera along with pitch-black darkness are at the top of my wishlist!

Venom

Oh, and first person camera along with pitch-black darkness are at the top of my wishlist!
Pitch black environments would be amazing, but why first person? Over-the-shoulder 3rd person seems like the optimal view for this type of game even though I'm fine with the current point of view used as long as controls are easy to manage with it. Also, the idea of a massive amount of players in a single server seems VERY difficult considering the physics being calculated by EVERY player. I'd be alright with a mere 4 - 8 players in each server.

Nightrise

That's mostly a matter of optimization Venom, the developers have already affirmed that the physics calculations and frame-rate is extremely fast. Whatever the case, thats a technical aspect best addressed by the developers themselves. Given the increasing number of First-Person Shooters which make use of dynamic physics, this doesn't seem like it would be an insurmountable obstacle for large servers (I'm thinking 60-100+).

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I'm looking forward to seeing the combat, what would be even better is if you could throw objects with your mouse at enemies to knock them down, just like in the video where he moves the chairs with the mouse. You could also have some great fun with that.

Troy47

Amazing videos guys. I'd like to +1 to this post and inquire if the team has taken a look at the feasibility of creating a DM Client and other multiplayer features (integrated voice chat, text channels, etc.) that would allow a similar experience (or a better one) than the NWN 1 & 2 multiplayer server scene.

Despite being years and years old, there are populated servers still being built, updated, and played on for both games to this day (I should know, I run one of them: [http://legacydarkage.com] - plug).

I'd encourage you guys to add a DM client as a stretch goal.

Thanks and good luck.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.