Nudity

Oona

Insider
If what you wear affects how people react to you, then what if you remove armour? Will you be arrested, stoned even? In Skyrim the reaction was humourous "Either you're naked, or I'm drunk. Maybe both." and if you removed your clothes in front of a child they would start screaming "NAKED! Naked naked naked !"
I feel like Sui Generis has a more serious and darker tone, and it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

Algea

Insider
Do you think that nudity would serve any purpose? ... Not that i don't want to burn and pillage with my glorious ehm hanging out of my trousers ... but what if there is dismemberement? :eek:
Haha, yeah that'd be quite unfortunate indeed. In my mind nudity in itself has no deep meaning, but on the other hand absence of nudity raises a question why characters always wear clothes. It can be hard to make a decision between realism and necessary limitations.

Tony

Insider
Haha, yeah that'd be quite unfortunate indeed. In my mind nudity in itself has no deep meaning, but on the other hand absence of nudity raises a question why characters always wear clothes. It can be hard to make a decision between realism and necessary limitations.
And not only this, we will have the option to change our clothes to put on a disguise. If you can't get naked to do this does that mean the new clothes just automatically appear? Or is it like Algea said previously and you have underclothing which can't be removed? Also, nudity (at least partial) would play a role in bandaging or dressing wounds. I have no idea if Sui Generis will have wound or bandaging mechanics but it would definitely make battle seem like it had real consequences! Passing out or having your screen start to go dim from a loss of blood would be interesting.

JamesButlin

Insider
Interesting to see how they approach this, though male and female erm.. bodyparts in a game isn't exactly something which is hugely required in any aspect. I imagine undergarments will probably take part if you feel your character is a little overburdened with armour/clothing.

SergeDavid

Insider
Or just wait until a modder shows up like any other game with modding abilities? It will happen anyway so I can't care less if it is added from the devs or not. Would I get a chuckle fighting in all my midgetty glory? Yes, will it be a deal breaker if I can't? No.

Oona

Insider
Most of you haven't even read my post. I didn't ask for nudity to be included. That is a given (every rpg has at least partial nudity, when you remove armour). I was asking what the reactions of the npcs will be once you remove the armour, since Bare mettle has said they react to how you are dressed.

Scarecrow

Insider
I imagine people telling you to put your clothes on, or maybe make comments like "Oh that poor thing, cannot even afford decent clothing). Perhaps if you try to barter with a shop keeper, he will deny trading with you until you put on some clothes. I sure as hell wouldn't want naked people running around in my store!

walltar

Insider
Most of you haven't even read my post. I didn't ask for nudity to be included. That is a given (every rpg has at least partial nudity, when you remove armour). I was asking what the reactions of the npcs will be once you remove the armour, since Bare mettle has said they react to how you are dressed.
Sorry that i hijacked your thread ... i did not realize that there is also partial nudity.

About reactions ... some people may mistake you for beggar and give you some food and childern would throw rocks at you. Maybe they can think you was robbed and they would give you some rags to wear. And some would just look other way. I hope that reaction to you will be as waried as possible.

SergeDavid

Insider
Oh i forgot ... then maybe we can have rock throwing midgets. :cool:
Exactly, though I would say there should be one or two npcs that fancy what they see and make a proposition for your time. Maybe if dismemberment is included an npc might try...

I was asking what the reactions of the npcs will be once you remove the armour, since Bare mettle has said they react to how you are dressed.
Well, if realism is key, they might either offer you clothes or if they don't like the look of you, close their doors and shutter their windows. I think dying of exposure should be a possibility too!

Chedburn

Insider
I'd say nudity has already been explored in other games, and it just isn't interesting any more. There's no real way to make realistic NPC reactions and keep the immersive experience because... It simply wouldn't happen, you have no reason to walk around nude unless it's just for fun to see what people say. It seems like an unnecessary hurdle and I don't think there's any room for it in SG.

I'd say nudity has already been explored in other games, and it just isn't interesting any more. There's no real way to make realistic NPC reactions and keep the immersive experience because... It simply wouldn't happen, you have no reason to walk around nude unless it's just for fun to see what people say. It seems like an unnecessary hurdle and I don't think there's any room for it in SG.
hmm I'd said it's left to the devs ethic/morale limitation, but you know all those promising ideas about behavior in combats opens a vast horizon of fantasy about behaviors in the domain of ... affection...

personally i don't like puritanism and I don't see why beheading people would be better than simply showing them your genitals at some point, also I'd like to roleplay an hippie hermit who lives naked in the woods if I feel to.

I understand well the necrophiliac lolita butcher problem but some "behaviors" that could be applied to willing mature partners would be nice, roleplay wise.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.