Personal Project, a Sui Generis monster?

Komuflage

Insider
A nosering and a Scottish kilt? XD XD XD XD XD
that would make my day :p think when you meet him one day, at least you die laughing :p
Ah same name for nose ring :p although I don't have a kilt, but a pair of paints coloured in the same way.
A kilt on a giant cyclops would be fun though, although a bit to silly.

Parco

was unsure about the kilt, just googled it and saw kilt like pictures pop up so i just made that connection:p
i think a kilt/skirt would fit a uncivilized giant quite good, and as easy it is to put on he wont need much brainpower to do it:p

Sneil

Insider
Looking even better mate! Loving it.

Are you texturing it as well?
Yea I'm doing all the texturing myself. What I could use though is someone to render it for me for some sweet still images. Just started fooling around with the zbrush built in renderer, and results are lacking to say the least.:p

Anyone proficient in rendering want to make me a sweet arse render of this guy? once he's completely finished anyway? I'll be your new best bud, how about that?:D

Sneil

Insider
Not sur what you mean, but you're probably looking at a layer of neck fat directly beneath his chin. :eek::D

ZaratanCho

Insider
You need to work on anatomy, proportions and how fat is formed(ehh some words elude me).

Looking at the previous pictures this is indeed fat, but it is pretty much on top of the collarbone so it looks like a weird collarbone thing from this view.

I Like the details like the nails and texturing looks nice

Sneil

Insider
Yea I'll get rid of the neck fat. Never been a fan of that from the start. I figured it was fine as he was sort of a deformed monster type anyway, but I'll just get rid of it. Here are some quick renders I did, fiddling around with the zbrush renderer. Still has the neck fat this time around however. Also did a closeup of the detail on the hand for kicks.

Sneil

Insider
Well I'm not sure it would be so easy to implement into their custom physics engine. I think the only hope I'd have is to skin and weight the mesh from this model, to the skeleton of one of their character's, say "Piggy's" game skeleton, and then all his physical properties and animations would be applied to this model. It would probably override the old model however.

However, seeing as Madoc is a very open and interpersonal kind of guy, whome Ive had a few conversations with in the past via email on things like the level I get to design via my pledge reward, perhaps he could work with me a bit on how to get it integrated into their engine without overriding the old mesh. It would depend how well the Piggy skeleton would be able to match up to this mesh as well, however.

Im not sure what is required in implementing completely new character skeletons to their system, if they require heavy tweaking to work with their dynamic animation/physics system through their engine or what.

I'd of course be more then happy to "donate" the model as well to the game/cause that is Sui Generis if they are happy with the final game ready product and then they put it in themselves, as perhaps a surface cameo one time boss encounter or something. That would be very cool indeed. But perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

If none of the above happens, I'll be rigging, animating and putting it into the NWN2 engine which I play online in a fairly tight nit community. That and/or sell it on Turbosquid.com

I am not a 3d artist by trade, but just fiddle around with it as a hobby. So it's a slow moving project regardless due to the limited amount of time I can find to put into it.

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
Hahahaha, very nice. Pretty cool overall, but I'm not so sure about the multiple skin folds in the back going in so deep in the middle.

Sneil

Insider
Like along the spine eh, ill give it a try and see how it looks. Remember he's also a mutant monster type, so it doesn't need to be 100% realistic. ie two big arse fat rolls on is back.:p

Leo

Insider
Like along the spine eh, ill give it a try and see how it looks. Remember he's also a mutant monster type, so it doesn't need to be 100% realistic. ie two big arse fat rolls on is back.:p
I envy you for doing this i have to post my own give me a few days and i'll do my own Sui Generis Beast to continue your effort:D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.