Physics Engine

James

In the demo you use the cursor to drag around items in the game world to show that they have accurately modeled physics. Whilst this is impressive, I want to know more about its significance with respect to gameplay. Will it be possible, for instance, for me to barricade the doors of a room by having my character push a table against them? Or does their physics exist essentially to aid in animation if I fall against one of these objects?

If it is intended that I will be able to do things like barricading, how robustly can/will the NPCs' AIs deal with these scenarios? I've never seen anything where there is a robust solution to this kind of problem - if you already have a robust solution to this it would be a fantastic selling point.

Also, I find that in games like Skyrim my tactic for dealing with tough opponents is to climb to an area that the opponent has difficulty reaching and then spam them with ranged attacks - is this a problem which has been considered and addressed?

Best of luck with the project - I really hope that this gets funded!

Valvar

Yeah, AI programming, to me at least, sounds like a tough nut. Though I'm sure that they will be able to handle it well, seeing how far they've already come.

dktne

Also, I find that in games like Skyrim my tactic for dealing with tough opponents is to climb to an area that the opponent has difficulty reaching and then spam them with ranged attacks - is this a problem which has been considered and addressed?
Oh goodness, this. Dynamic npc actions like climbing and creative stand ups after being knocked down, and actions relating to surroundings would be soooo nice, like, someone defending their home will flip a secret switch or grab something from somewhere, and generally npcs will react with their surroundings and especially so with places they're familiar with.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I think your character should be able to enter a telekinetic mode when you can move, but you do a Mage stance and face the object, and you can move the object with your mouse, like in the demo to solve puzzles, make bridges, ladders, a number of things.

Derangle

I think your character should be able to enter a telekinetic mode when you can move, but you do a Mage stance and face the object, and you can move the object with your mouse, like in the demo to solve puzzles, make bridges, ladders, a number of things.
Telekinesis would be such a cool spell, but no puzzle, no.

Oh that would be glorious, just imagine say; going into an old ruined castle with some adventurers you convinced to follow you in a tavern. You and the three of you go into the main room to find some horrible eldritch abomination shuffling around.

He rips one of you in half and as the rest of you try running away you take a wrong turn and go deeper into the castle. Before you know it you run into an old throne room and the two of them slam the door shut and try to hold it while you push a table to block it and then you all try to find a way out.

Or for a thief, your robbery goes wrong and ten heavily armored guardsmen are running after you. Run into an old building and slide everything to the door as they attempt to break through while you take the hidden passage you heard about away from there.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Oh that would be glorious, just imagine say; going into an old ruined castle with some adventurers you convinced to follow you in a tavern. You and the three of you go into the main room to find some horrible eldritch abomination shuffling around.

He rips one of you in half and as the rest of you try running away you take a wrong turn and go deeper into the castle. Before you know it you run into an old throne room and the two of them slam the door shut and try to hold it while you push a table to block it and then you all try to find a way out.

Or for a thief, your robbery goes wrong and ten heavily armored guardsmen are running after you. Run into an old building and slide everything to the door as they attempt to break through while you take the hidden passage you heard about away from there.
Exactly.

666jet

Insider
Sounds epic i so think there should be npc interaction with objects humiliation being beaten to death by a old lady with candle stick for going afk lols and putting stuff in door ways so no one can get past without moving it just YES!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.