Pillars of eternity (Formerly Project Eternity) GAMEPLAY teaser

Lathspell

I don't know if anyone already saw this video, but anyway I leave it here just because it looks like ultra great :eek:, thats my opinion.

leave your thoughts on what you see here...

later

Sneil

Insider
Yes! I didn't know they released an official trailer with all that gameplay footage!!! This will truly be the greatest thing since the Baldur's Gate saga. This is the game I've been waiting for 14 years for. I am sooooooooooooo flipping excited to see that trailer, almost as much as I was when the kickstarter started for this.

I see they changed they updated the old Project Eternity name as well. Pure sweetness, I truly can not wait!!:D

For those who haven't seen the tech first demo, crazy awesome stuff:

Last edited:

Lathspell

I know that fee bro...you couldn't say it better...I love the mixture of isometric 2d BG game graphics with new technology!!

BrecMadak

Insider
You are focusing the wrong side of my statement there...I've seen much better than that in old skool games already. And as I've mentioned considering devs have already funded +360% of their goal which is 4 million $, those effects still can not avoid themselves to be sucky pieces. Don't worry have been hearing about this game since mid 2012 already. And I care graphics much less for rpgs according to proportionally how intense, rich they gonna put real rpg elements into the game. For a 4 million $ game the outcome does not seem to satisfy me personally overall.

Also that river screeny has awfully wrong perspective, how come they dared to show that to thousands unbelievable...

Fawz

Insider
The game looks interesting enough, mostly because there haven't been many good old school isometric fantasy RPG games lately. It seems that they have a good redisgned base for the game systems and some pretty cool features.

If the story and characters don't keep up though, I'm not sure the combat and visuals will be enough to maintain long term interest in the game though. From the footage they released it really doesn't look very impressive visually or especially fun to play. I don't think it looks anywhere near as bad as BrecMadak is trying to make it sound, but that type of game the main allure is the world and it's characters.

I just hope it comes out as a polished game where the features mesh well together (the feature creep from the stretch goals is a bit alarming)

BrecMadak

Insider
It might just as well be a placeholder. Remember the early SG animations? ;)
Putting that in a trailer doesn't sound its a placeholder. Remember SG has not even released a trailer yet since animations have been reworking progressively and still so. Only completed things are put in trailer which reflects them being as finished. And SG seems to follow this stance already.

Komuflage

Insider
Putting that in a trailer doesn't sound its a placeholder. Remember SG has not even released a trailer yet since animations have been reworking progressively and still so. Only completed things are put in trailer which reflects them being as finished. And SG seems to follow this stance already.
I would disagree, the animations were not finished in the pitch video, nor the combat explain. Not even in the 12min public video, although they were improved. Even though most companies try to polish up things they put in a trailer, when they make a pre-alpha trailer you kind of have to expect it to be incomplete :)

Fresh

Insider
Sui Generis and Pillars of Eternity has been the two projects on Kickstarter I really emptied my wallet on. I'm "designing" a weapon for Pillars of Eternity, which makes it just the more exciting. The game looks really good and I love the work the developers have done in the past. I'm stoked for both games!

Vold

Insider
PoEt beta will be released in two days. :D
Sadly, their beta tier is too expensive (125 USD... WTF, they already got 4m USD from ks the greedy bastards) for me to get it, and I'd rather upgrade my contribution here anyways.

Last edited:

Sneil

Insider
Yea that is crazy expensive for beta access. I'm beginning to agree with BrekMadak, however. Honestly, what is up with the absolute horrendous animations? They just all look absolutely terrible!:mad::(

The environment does looks great, however.

Also, where are the detailed normal maps on those clothing/armor textures? yuck *sigh*

Vold

Insider
I think that they did a great job with the graphics in general, although I must say that I am not expert on the matter.

Anyways, I don't really care about the graphics in cRPGs; they just have to be good enough not to destroy what really matters in those games... As they did with BG:EE 1 & 2:

I am still waiting for an enhanced version of BG so that I can finally play the game! (sadly I discovered the game too late, I was busy playing NWN). :p

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
I am sick of D&D mechanics in RPG's. I'm definitely passing on this game. And $125 to beta test four quests? Is that supposed to be some sort of joke by the PoE devs?

Vold

Insider
Well, the thing is that they do not have a cheap tier with beta access key, but only the expensive ones do, starting with the collectors edition which gives you a lot of stuff in addition to 2 digital copies of the game. Nevertheless, it still sucks that lower tier backers do not have access to beta.

They created their own gameplay mechanics, although based on D&D; we will see how it worked out.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.