Pledge Fail

HarroK

Insider
It occured that my card had no money when kickstarter succeeded. Errrm... So what happens? Cuz I suppose my pledge just failed.

TheScythian

Insider
I think you can still pay with paypal via the homepage for a while yet (although don't quote me on that). That is, assuming you have another card with money on it.

.:Edit:. Actually do what Rehclip says, he seems to have it together :D.

Rehclip

Insider
You can correct this at kickstarter.

A project I'm backing just succeeded and my card was declined. What do I do?
If your pledge was declined just log in to Kickstarter and click the “Fix payment” button in the banner at the top of your screen. This will guide you through the process of changing your payment method. Alternately, we'll send you an email every 48 hours with a direct link to correct the issue. Don't delay, however: backers have fourteen days to correct payment issues before they are dropped from the project (and therefore no longer eligible to receive rewards).

I had the same problem but my card refuses to go through. I clicked to fix it, still won't take the stupid thing. Only thing I can think of since I have the money is that visa doesn't like the pound.

Rehclip

Insider
My visa card though citibank wouldn't accept the pledge (this was during my pledge, not the payment). They blocked my card after trying to use it because they thought it was fraudulent. I had to call them to tell them it was an authorized charge. It is unknown if they would accept the charge after I approved it, because I ended up using a different charge card.

My visa card through Amazon.com went through just fine. So check to see WHY its being declined. If they are blocking kickstarter, you may simply have to authorize it ahead of time. Of course - contacting customer support for a credit card is never really that easy.

Yeah, I'll have to figure something out. I may end up just canceling the kickstarter money and do it through paypal since I never have issues on that end.

HarroK

Insider
I had the same problem but my card refuses to go through. I clicked to fix it, still won't take the stupid thing. Only thing I can think of since I have the money is that visa doesn't like the pound.
Well visa liked it when it took 1 pound as payment ability proof

HarroK

Insider
jeez it just doesn't work. It just declines my card. I use it to pay for everything, like steam games and others. And it works. What the hell? I don't want to loose my access to beta forum because of kickstarter stupidity.

jeez it just doesn't work. It just declines my card. I use it to pay for everything, like steam games and others. And it works. What the hell? I don't want to loose my access to beta forum because of kickstarter stupidity.
You could always just buy a pre paid card and do it from there.

Tony

Insider
Have you done as others have suggested and called your CC company to make sure they aren't intentionally blocking it as a fraudulent purchase?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.