Population

gingerjew22

Insider
Something that has bothered me about many single player rpg games I've played over the years is the amount of people populating not just the world itself, but more importantly the larger towns/cities. One thing that will often cause me to turn my computer off after a long night of gaming, is the fact that the world begins to feel empty.
What I would like to see is a large town or city populated as such. Often in games, the people in each town are always the same every time you visit, and thus the experience becomes less exciting each time you go into town. Aside from adding more people into the town, npcs from surrounding smaller homesteads or towns could also commute to a major city during the day as they would in reality, so as to populate the major towns more. Any other ideas?

sean archer

Insider
Now that would be nice, depends on how far they want to go with the whole realism aspect. Seasons should affect populations as well?

Commuting's a bit of a modern concept, though. I thought most people in the medieval period, bar the nobility and some traders, would barely leave the village they were born in. Or is that one of those persistant myths?

No that is very accurate. I was listening to something on the radio recently about how significant the invention of the safety bicycle was in the 1880s. For the first time it enabled the general population to start travelling outside of their places of birth. It is seen by some as the first step towards globalisation as we know it today.

Getting back to SG I expect the population size of each settlement to be dictated by the number & size of buildings in said settlement. In the case of the one big capital city we're going to see I expect large numhers of NPCs all moving around & gathering in certain places. In the case of towns & smaller settlements I imagine there would be one or two busy trading days in a week but other than that only really people with jobs to do would be outside of their homes.

Something that has bothered me about many single player rpg games I've played over the years is the amount of people populating not just the world itself, but more importantly the larger towns/cities. One thing that will often cause me to turn my computer off after a long night of gaming, is the fact that the world begins to feel empty.
What I would like to see is a large town or city populated as such. Often in games, the people in each town are always the same every time you visit, and thus the experience becomes less exciting each time you go into town. Aside from adding more people into the town, npcs from surrounding smaller homesteads or towns could also commute to a major city during the day as they would in reality, so as to populate the major towns more. Any other ideas?
I think I have an answered for you
> You Known New York city and when it crownded , maybe and I know its takes place in the darker days, but Maybe when like uhmm... (Those castles Burriers and the city is surround by inner lairs and the outter lairs of the city ortown < Maybe that?>)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.