Power suggestions!

Komuflage

Insider
May I suggest some telekinesis a
This thread could be interesting. I'll give you a rough idea of what we have in mind for each in terms of types of effects:

Displacement
Teleporting, displacing to avoid being hit, conjuring fire, summoning demons...

Energy
Lightning, heating, cooling, electromagnetism...

Light
Producing or suppressing light, invisibility, offensive beams...

Body
Healing, harming, affecting body functions...

Mind
Influencing others, various mental effects, mind control, raising the dead...

Force
Sudden forces, shielding, telekinesis...
May I suggest "telekinesis"?

Really like it, but haven't seen that many games done it right. Maybe you can give it a shot?

Cooper Holt

Insider
Based on this, my 3 favourites (from 3rd to 1st) would be:

3: Displacement
2: Light
1:Mind

I've always thoroughly enjoyed necromancy - especially raising the dead, however invisibility was always fun. Demons are also awesome. I love demons. :D

Huatim

Insider
This thread could be interesting. I'll give you a rough idea of what we have in mind for each in terms of types of effects:

Displacement
Teleporting, displacing to avoid being hit, conjuring fire, summoning demons...

Energy
Lightning, heating, cooling, electromagnetism...

Light
Producing or suppressing light, invisibility, offensive beams...

Body
Healing, harming, affecting body functions...

Mind
Influencing others, various mental effects, mind control, raising the dead...

Force
Sudden forces, shielding, telekinesis...
So f+++++ great!

Venom

Wait a second...
Why is conjuring fire under Displacement instead of Energy?

Also, Light shouldn't be limited to producing or suppressing! Bending light around you at an angle or concentrating light onto a target could produce blindness or distortion of the enemies. Light could also be used to make part of the floor appear as a big hole that enemies would try to avoid simply by preventing light to reflect from the object.

Huatim

Insider
Wait a second...
Why is conjuring fire under Displacement instead of Energy?

Also, Light shouldn't be limited to producing or suppressing! Bending light around you at an angle or concentrating light onto a target could produce blindness or distortion of the enemies. Light could also be used to make part of the floor appear as a big hole that enemies would try to avoid simply by preventing light to reflect from the object.
Conjurin is like invoke, bringing something from somwhere

666jet

Insider
I just thought of something really cool how Madoc said about the thaumaturgic mind lingering after death what if the very powerful thaumaturges could maybe have a power so they could see the thaumaturgic mind (ghosts) and when they cast another power they harvest there power and maybe a little of there experience? and maybe be able to attack enemy's thaumaturgic mind in this mode or aid an allies thaumaturgic mind and being able to make your thaumaturgic mind leave your body to scout would be pretty cool

Mimel

Insider
Astral projection....interesting. That would be a great roleplay. Making sure your physical body was protected first, then setting out on a different type of quest, exploring, info-gathering or following astral creatures/demons/PCs.

Nice power.

calithlin

Insider
Astral projection....interesting. That would be a great roleplay. Making sure your physical body was protected first, then setting out on a different type of quest, exploring, info-gathering or following astral creatures/demons/PCs.

Nice power.
Potentially an opportunity to view these lingering thaumaturgic minds that make undead we keep hearing about.

Tony

Insider
Potentially an opportunity to view these lingering thaumaturgic minds that make undead we keep hearing about.
Yes, not only viewing these minds but having discussions with them I'd imagine would be very informative. I also bet they'd ask you to do deeds for them since they are probably limited in what they are capable of doing themselves (having no physical body).

calithlin

Insider
Yes, not only viewing these minds but having discussions with them I'd imagine would be very informative. I also bet they'd ask you to do deeds for them since they are probably limited in what they are capable of doing themselves (having no physical body).
In a little self reflection that might be getting too high-fantasy. If that's the case, the 'minds' may be pared down to mere lingering emotions for the common dead (maybe intractable if it was a deceased thaumaturge). In any case, such 'simpler,' emotion based 'minds' might just impede paths, cause ambient damage or beneficial effects, or return you to your body.

Assuming astral projection is something they are considering at all (which I like, but I can understand if they consider it does not fit in their world).

Tony

Insider
In a little self reflection that might be getting too high-fantasy. If that's the case, the 'minds' may be pared down to mere lingering emotions for the common dead (maybe intractable if it was a deceased thaumaturge). In any case, such 'simpler,' emotion based 'minds' might just impede paths, cause ambient damage or beneficial effects, or return you to your body.

Assuming astral projection is something they are considering at all (which I like, but I can understand if they consider it does not fit in their world).
I don't see why it would be too high fantasy? After all, we are talking about the presence of a mind here. If a thaumaturgist was powerful enough in mind thaumaturgy that his mind lingers even after death then I do not see why it would not be able to communicate with you. It could even be direct mind-to-mind communication (or rather, an exchange of thoughts instead of verbal words).

666jet

Insider
I don't see why it would be too high fantasy? After all, we are talking about the presence of a mind here. If a thaumaturgist was powerful enough in mind thaumaturgy that his mind lingers even after death then I do not see why it would not be able to communicate with you. It could even be direct mind-to-mind communication (or rather, an exchange of thoughts instead of verbal words).
Maybe make you play out abit of game play of what they wanted to show you or maybe some of the "evil" ones could try and take over your body

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.