Pugilism how to win

The Witcher

Supporter
The best way i found so far to win pugilism matches is to stay crouched the whole fight the enemy hits over your head and rarely hits you on the head but you can score some good hits

NachoDawg

I had a swing of fortune when i turned on shift-dash in the options. Being able to walk sometimes really helpes with aiming the punches, as you dont have to lunge into him for every punch :p

Clanf

lunge/dash attack is best, just be at 3 meters distance to your opponent, lunge with a quick (and really heavy!) punch, then immediately move away to same distance, repeat
it usually takes 2-3 such punches and one minute of time to win
i'm doing pugilism matches only to heal, so i always almost at zero health and always choose most skilled opponent for more money, and yet i don't remember when last time i lose pugilism match with that tactic

Tyon

I always just hold shift down (I have that shift dash option set) and I only use right hooks and occasionally follow up with another hit if I've dazed my opponent with the first.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Usually just keeping distance and closing in with a heavy straight punch in the right moment. Start the mouse on the side of your character and move it towards your opponents opposite shoulder. Combined with a dash you usually get a lot of momentum from the upper body moving into your swing and hit their center or head. Hold LMB to get the occasional second punch combo in, as blocking isn´t really important (though it should be - would make the fights more tactical if you could block better). If the distance for regular swings isnt quite right feel free to use uppercuts which deal lots of damage regardless of windup and need less space (but are harder to land).

My main defence is, as I said, staying at distance and waiting for the right moment to dash in. If your getting hugged, just hold LMB to shake/scare them off - if you are to passive they´ll pummel you to death.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.