Pugilism Rant

MindSliver

OK, it's time to blow off some steam, please note that this has nothing to do with requesting changes... only one whiny player wanting others to understand that he's pissed off XD.

That being said... How in the hell is every single punch from an inept pugilist so *&%$ing deadly?!

I recruited a new guy and I can't do a thing with him, every time I step toward someone I take a perfect face shot and am knocked from full health down to about 10-20% IN ONE PUNCH... and not like one lucky punch... I'm talking different situations, just now I punched someone in the body and we hit torsos after the shot, as I backed up they nailed a perfect uppercut and (you guessed it) took 70% of my health in one damn shot... meanwhile all I ever get is glancing body blows that do 5-10% damage and that's when they're stepping into me. I literally have had my last 3 fights where I'll punch them 3-4 times then take one shot and have to run around the damn arena 6 times to rebuild my stamina, then come back... punch them 3-4 more times and eat another Conor McGregor just to repeat my road runner act once again ugh... *black cloud hovering over my head raining perpetually and creating very small lightening bolts.

Tony

Insider
Yes, pugilism can be quite frustrating. I spent a few days doing nothing but thousands of pugilism matches until I mastered it (since pugilism is quite different from fighting with a weapon). You can actually KO someone with one well placed uppercut. This usually requires the opponent to be moving towards you whilst you dash towards them and simultaneously land a clean strike to their face/jaw.

My advice would be to experiment and try out different tactics. I had a lot of success using wide arcing hooks combined with diagonal steps.

Saetheer

Insider
Never lost a pugilism fight, never been under 50% during a fight. I honestly don't see the problem?

Use the standard step back, step in with a timed punch. Also, pressing ALT-key (thrusting with weapon), aim a little to the left side of the opponent's head.

Gozer

Kite your opponent while back pedaling.

Take two steps back ( or more), then step forward moving your entire body momentum and time a strike to the head.

Good timing delivers devastating blows.

Keep it linear, retreat, step forward and STRIKE. rinse and repeat.
You can end fights after two or three knockdowns.

Get the pugilist gloves in the basket by the fireplace. It's the only handgear for the first two ranks.

Last edited:

MindSliver

It seems to come in shifts... when I first started fighting in the arena pugilism was no problem at all. I think I won my first 10-12 fights without taking but a couple of taps... and like I've said perhaps I've just been unlucky but it seems like the step back then come in paradigm will work 3-4 times but then I eat a hard shot direct in the face and it takes 70% of my health. I still don't lose the matches I was just saying (back in the day now) that the old AI seems to nail head shots pretty easily.

Reynald

The gloves do help, but they're not a necessity. If you're headhunting, time your punches by looking at your opponents footing. You can generally tell if they are gearing up for a punch if their stance is sideways. If I see an opponent with their left foot forward, I can pretty much assume a right jab or hook is coming in. Based on that I'll aim left and in front of their head, using their own momentum against them. Try swinging for their center of mass to get the hang of it. Also, use punches to distance yourself instead of running away.

I sometimes win pugilism matches by holding down left click and W key as the match starts. You lunge towards them and land a sweet one-two-goodnight. If that fails then just keep repeating. I've only really found uppercuts useful when you're kinda hugging the opponent.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.