Question about current state of game

Un1ver5al

Hey all, just found out about this game today so thought I'd join up. Was just wondering if the game is officially in Beta yet? I was thinking of donating but wanted to know if the Beta package will give me instant access, anyone know?

Many thanks.

NewsMuffin

Insider
Not necessarily instant access, no.
See, there was an Alpha release planned for today (the first playable release, actually), but it was delayed because of API issues.
However, it should be coming out this weekend, or some time next week at the latest (or at least we hope).

Un1ver5al

Ok, I'll keep an eye on the dev posts and go in for the giveaway competition for now.

Rapid reply there, thank you!

Even then the alpha would be in a really early stage, currently from what we've heard at first it will only show off combat.

Release was originally planed for may but they had to postpone. They're going to make a 'prelude" that will act much a demo that will come out in may, the games original release date. I would assume because of the date beta will be in april with alpha in late march.

Regardless you should donate some money. Depending on how much money you contribute you get access to either alpha , beta and/or dev videos which I hear are very good. I'm still waiting for my account to get upgraded so I can see them. You'll also get access to the insider forum were lots of in depth conversation happens.

They most expensive tier will get you everything but it's pretty pricey coming up at 60 pounds or about 100 something dollars for me.

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
So the way it's going to be broken down is that the Devs will release an early prelude before they release the full game. This is because there's still a lot of work to be done in finalizing game systems, mechanics and tools while at the same time building a large open world with a lot of content. The Prelude is just a small scale version of the Full game and it'll go through the basic Alpha, Beta and then Final release stages. You can read up more on the prelude via the official post by the devs.

People really want to play with what's already available (looking at the public gameplay video will give you a rough idea of what to expect) so the devs are working really hard on getting a playable build available to Alpha tier backers as soon as possible. It's expected for there to be an early and very basic combat prototype that will be released some time next week (early March) and updated over time to lead into the Prelude.

Based on what's been mentioned, here's my estimated release timeframe for the Alpha, Beta and Final release of both the Prelude and Full Game is as follows:

Prelude: (Prologue set a few years before the main game and lacking features full release will contain. The game demo/preview)
Alpha - March 2014 - Only available to Alpha tier backers
Beta - March~May2014 - Only available to Alpha and Beta tier backers
Final - Q2 ~ Q4 2014 - Available to all Backers

Full Game: (The full open world experience that will set the stage for future patches and updates. The main game)
Alpha - TBD (2014/2015) - Only available to Alpha tier backers
Beta - TBD (2014/2015) - Only available to Alpha and Beta tier backers
Final - TBD (2014/2015) - Available to all Backers

On top of that there's Insider forum access where the devs participate in various discussions about the game, and where they share some info (Text or Screenshots) about some aspects they're working on.

There's also the Development blog videos which are pretty great high quality videos where the Devs show and talk about recent features they've added to the game and development process.

Reactions: Tom

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.