Questions: Revisited

Komuflage

Insider
Hello.

Like with any other game that's under development, the fans got tons of questions about features and the like, SG is no different.

During my time on this forum I've seen a lot of interesting questions, but not all of these have been given a good response. (In most cases this is due to the fact that they have been asked about to early in the development, and bm might not had a good answer at the time)

Now I know that it might still be a bit to early for some things, but hopefully we can get an answer to one or two old(or new) questions.

This can also work as a assemble thread, to try get it a bit organised (If it comes to that)
So I guess not to much discussion here, rather, post your questions, and hopefully whenever BM have the time, they can come here and answer a few. (Ofc members can post answer to if there is a legitimate response somewhere here on the forum)

Now I know about the "Grand list of dev quotes" (Which I do recommend everyone to read trough) but that's more of a faq, (I guess?) and the henge knight have been offline for quite a while unfortunately.

Anyway my questions are the following.
Difficulty scaling/lvl, from what I understand there will be ng+ (In the form of creating a new world instance) and some challenges will be to hard for a character on his first playthrough. But will there be actual difficult scaling, can I complete the game, restart, and still get a challenge from the early bosses? And if so how will it work, Will there be a set difficulty that increases every playthrough, like the games mentioned below?* or will there be like "Hard, very hard, insane" (Don't you dare mention easy :p)

*Like Diablos, Normal, Nightmare, hell and inferno (even if that game still was way to easy on nightmare and hell :()
The souls games NG+ where all enemy's get roughly 80% tougher from ng to ng+ and 8+ in ng++ and so on.

Mounts, this is something that's been discussed quite well, but with no real Yes or No has been give to us, so I bring it up again; Will there be mounts in this game, and if so what kind of mounts?

Alternative game modes: Bm mentioned the idea of playing as a non thaumaturge.
Has this been given any more thoughts? Will we have the "famous" Hardcore mode where a character permanently dies?

Crafting: player created consumable items, and Blacksmiths have been mentioned, has this been given any more thoughts, and what can we expect?

Like I said earlier, this might still be to early to ask about, but hopefully we can get the answer to a few of our questions :D

Reactions: Tom
I don't really care much about mounts for the player but I'd love too see them included for NPC's. Not for combat purposes, but to see trade and markets come alive. In such a setting I expect horse and cart darn it!

Scarecrow

Insider
To the whole "hardcore" mode thing, i tought this was already confirmed? Altough i cant seem to find the quote on it, but i could almost swear i read it somewhere...

Another question, will we be able to switch between one handed and twohanded stances with weapons? They did that in the souls games, and it was brilliant really. There are many out there, like me, who like to use one handed weapons/ hand and half swords, with both hands. I dont want to just be able to use two handed one big Zweihanders and Battleaxes.

Tom

Insider
So far I like all the questions in this thread - so I'm eagerly awaiting on an answer :)

Can the terrain editor support overhangs and the like?

Another question, will items be able to have inventories? So for example, you have your clothes beneath your armor, but the trousers have pockets. So you can access the pocket as an inventory from your main inventory. In the pocket, you could have a small case which had an inventory containing a ring.

Parco

I guess once the alpha is released most of our questions will be answered, so the devs probably think its better to work on the game than answering alot of questions.
But in the quest to delay the release as much as possible i will add my question too:
what programming language are you guys using to make the game!

Komuflage

Insider
I guess one the alpha is released most of our questions will be answered, so the devs probably think its better to work on the game than answering alot of questions.
But in the quest to delay the release as much as possible i will add my question too:
what programming language are you guys using to make the game!
Yea, but like I said, if they ever get time to answer one or two :)

Will we be able to sheathe/holster our weapons for non-combat interactions?

And if so will there be the possibility to have sheathes/scabbards where appropriate?
I'm fairly sure the answer to both of these will be yes.

For the first one, I believe NPC interactions are important enough that this feature will be added. Even incorporated into the NPC relations system. For instance, you could intimidate a shopkeeper more easily if hefting a massive warhammer. Or someone you're just meeting for the first time might think that you were rude if you had a conversation with them with your sword out.

For the second one, Kieran said in Development Update #2 about the inventory system:

"We have almost 200 virtual slots that can be used in any combination."

I imagine some of those slots include places to put a weapon :D

Parco

when fighting and you hit the opponent with just the tip if the sword or any weapon, will it deal less dmg than hitting the opponent with more of the sword? or will it deal the same dmg and the dmg is only based on the impact force?

ZaratanCho

Insider
I was thinking of making a topic, but i guess i will just ask here. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.
What does "Sui Generis" mean ? Probably could find out by myself, but best to ask the ones that came up with it. ;D

Komuflage

Insider
I was thinking of making a topic, but i guess i will just ask here. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.
What does "Sui Generis" mean ? Probably could find out by myself, but best to ask the ones that came up with it. ;D
It's Latin and mean "One of a kind" "Unique"
(Source: Google/Wiki, memory of bm saying so long time ago)

Parco

I like that name, and it fits quite good as you play a character that keep on coming back to life, as those darn skeletons do :p
Maybe thats a good background story to how he got his ability, he somehow merged together with one of the skeletons dark soul, maybe he was too close to a necromancer when he summoned one skeleton? :p

ZaratanCho

Insider
It is a great name i like it too. Was just wondering if my understanding of it was close to its supposed meaning. ;D
The main character is "immortal" it is completely normal(seriously). ;D Absolutely realistic, desn't need fancy explanations, at least for me. I hope there is enough room for interpretation, overall in the game ;D Of course a can adjust easily and connect to a good backstory :^)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.