recording....

Guy

What seems to record the game the best while playing? FRAPS? Any suggestions on settings while recording?

Parco

i would recommend using obs (open broadcaster). its free, easy to set up and can record (or stream) at any quality/length. it it also got a buffer which works quite similar to shadowplay which is really neat.

Primus

^^^^

I use OBS for my youtube videos, it's one of the only recording softwares that codec's doesn't zoom the frames down a lot while you record, FRAPS decimates your memory, DxTory makes you record at 15fps, so, yes, Open Broadcast Software is the best choice. Have fun :)

-Tim-

Insider
OBS users, any tips on quality/encoding settings? I'm having trouble getting the video quality right.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Shadowplay is great too if you have nvidia card. I record with it and then re-render the video with windows movie maker to make it 1080p cus my resolution is low and making it pretty low size. SP produces really high quality, i record at max settings, 60fps and it has next to no impact on performance.

Parco

OBS users, any tips on quality/encoding settings? I'm having trouble getting the video quality right.
is the videos getting to pixelated or something?
These are the settings im using and works quite good for me:

the bitrate is only set to 3,5k because i was streaming to beam last time ive used it, usually its at 20-50k.

-Tim-

Insider
Odd, OBS seems to rapidly overload my processor when I increase the bitrate, crashing Exanima. Thanks for the info anyway, I'll experiment with it some more.

Guy

I don't want to be an OP who never replies to his question, so I will say that I am reading this thread with great interest and learning as you go. Thank you for the advice, I'll keep watching.

RobG

Insider
Last edited:

Guy

Thank you for the input. Now, how do I take a screen shot? I tried with "print screen" but all I got was my homescreen, not Examina. Helps pleases and thanks yous.

Parco

Thank you for the input. Now, how do I take a screen shot? I tried with "print screen" but all I got was my homescreen, not Examina. Helps pleases and thanks yous.
you might have to go into windowed mode (alt+enter) for print screen to work on exanima.

Reactions: Guy

Guy

you might have to go into windowed mode (alt+enter) for print screen to work on exanima.

I am trying to set up a recording, OBS. Not having much luck (black window) in fullscreen. I can do it in windowed mode, so it doesn't surprise me at all that screen shots have to be there too. Will try next.

Murf, how do you do that through steam? I am totally new to this part, the only other screen shots I have ever taken were with Dead Frontier, and I didn't have a lick of problem with that.

any recommendations on OBS full screen record?

Parco

I am trying to set up a recording, OBS. Not having much luck (black window) in fullscreen. I can do it in windowed mode, so it doesn't surprise me at all that screen shots have to be there too. Will try next.
any recommendations on OBS full screen record?
try checking/unchecking the "disable aero" option under the video tab in the settings menu and see if that works.

Reactions: Guy

Guy

That option is locked for me, on. Go figure.

Also, how do you play back your videos? I am not having any luck with the players I have and the format.

Murf

Murf, how do you do that through steam? I am totally new to this part, the only other screen shots I have ever taken were with Dead Frontier, and I didn't have a lick of problem with that.
Meaning if you launch the game via Steam, it is going to depend what your screen shot key in steam is set to. I think Mine is F11? Maybe F12?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.