Release Date?

Pengman19

I did about 10 minutes of searching, but cannot find a clear guesstimation of when the final game ought to be released.

Was hoping someone (devs, mods?!) can supply a good guess when they feel the final product will be complete and available.

Thanks!

El Maco

Insider
Nobody really knows, not even Bare Mettle themselves. Personally I'd expect Exanima to be more or less feature complete by the end of this year. On the other hand, the scope of Sui Generis is so massive that I'm not even going to guess how long it will take until thats finished. Like everybody, I want to play Sui Generis ASAP, but what can we do. At least there's something great in the works to look forward to.

Pengman19

When its done™
Haha! Fair enough.

I just hate when games get delayed year after year and people sort of forget about it or move onto something else (and thus sales will take a hit). I understand they aren't AAA, and I agree in some respects that's a good thing as they can make sure the final product is to their standards, etc., without pressure from above.

But even with their smaller team, I feel like Sui Generis should be close to completion. We're looking at 4+ years of development. It'd be nice to hear that Sui Generis was out sooner than later.

Pengman19

I guess a lot of it is impatience, but as much as I enjoy Exanima, I want a final game to play. Not a beta, or a testing ground for them, but a complete game (SG).

Sometimes I do not enjoy playing betas because I feel like I'm a guinea pig (that's pretty much what we are, right, and I do understand people playing alphas and betas is very important to improving games, squashing bugs, etc.), but it can sometimes alter my enjoyment of the final game for a variety of reasons.

I've been dying for a game that is truly based in physics, creating unique and original fights, situations, etc. I just find myself not playing the beta as much as I should as I'm worried it's going to ruin my enjoyment of SG when it comes out. So, maybe this can help provide context in why I'm so eager to have an idea when this game is coming out.

Q4 2016 would be nice. Q1 2017. Give us something!? lol

Murf

No word on SG, probably not for quite some time.

As it stands now Exanima is a full game, not a trainer and not a demo.

Qazlal

I just hate when games get delayed year after year and people sort of forget about it or move onto something else (and thus sales will take a hit). I understand they aren't AAA, and I agree in some respects that's a good thing as they can make sure the final product is to their standards, etc., without pressure from above.
Missed deadlines is a standard situation in a game development. For such complex game as Exanima and especially SG it was obvious that development takes time. I can't imagine how six brave men (as far as I know) already made (I am talking about released versions of Exanima) one of the most progressive and ingenious games I've ever played.
So I will wait... (And hope that the game will release before I die.)
As far as I can tell by the development: Exanima will be released at the end of 2016 year, and SG probably will be released at the end of 2017.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.