Shields in the Arena

Tyon

Apologies for the vague question in the OP, I was not sure what the reasoning behind the shield costing so many points was.

Against swords I would agree that shields are very powerful, but every tier has a pole weapon that is able to get around the shield's defenses reliably, even with RtL swings.

I think it would add an interesting rock-paper-scissors mechanic if shield users were allowed to have armor near or on par with what 2-hand users can have. I find shield-wielders to be the easiest enemies to fight in the arena because of how little protection they have.

I personally love using sword and shield, it's probably my best weapon combination besides the poleaxe or greatsword, but the trade off is far too much, especially for the Adept rank. It simply doesn't make any logical sense in Adept to opt for a shield and sacrifice protection when you can just go for an amazing and cheap 2 hand weapon such as the voulge and cover yourself head to toe in chainmail.

Apologies for the vague question in the OP, I was not sure what the reasoning behind the shield costing so many points was.

Against swords I would agree that shields are very powerful, but every tier has a pole weapon that is able to get around the shield's defenses reliably, even with RtL swings.

I think it would add an interesting rock-paper-scissors mechanic if shield users were allowed to have armor near or on par with what 2-hand users can have. I find shield-wielders to be the easiest enemies to fight in the arena because of how little protection they have.

I personally love using sword and shield, it's probably my best weapon combination besides the poleaxe or greatsword, but the trade off is far too much, especially for the Adept rank. It simply doesn't make any logical sense in Adept to opt for a shield and sacrifice protection when you can just go for an amazing and cheap 2 hand weapon such as the voulge and cover yourself head to toe in chainmail.
The question is, are your opponents going to have the weapons to counter you.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.