Small Ideas

S

Sean

I loved in games like Morrowind where everything was so finely detailed. And I love when I play games that let you do things you didn't even think you could do. The point is, the small ideas and small things are the things that people end up remembering most of all and that add that little sizzle to an already "sizzled-ed" game. I have a few things I think would be fairly fun to do, and I'd like to hear some things from other users too on what they'd love to see or think would be fun.
  • Disarming Opponents and Throwing Weapons: See that skeleton? You knock the sword out of his hand and and throw your own sword at his head. Why you ask, why not? You packed another sword so it's all good.
  • Interacting With Objects: Well, that sword missed, the skeleton pulled it from the wall and you realized that you left your spare sword in another dungeon! Well, this is clearly a no win situation, right? Wrong. You pick up a chair and push the skeleton back, maybe fend it off enough to get the sword he was wielding or find something else to beat him with. Heck, maybe you're the hulk so you just pick up a table and beat him to a pile of bonemeal. You know what? That table is your new primary weapon now.
  • Switching Views: Nothing is more immersive than first person, giving players the ability to switch between views would be fairly cool if it works with the combat system, this would be a must have for archers. I wouldn't mind seeing the beautiful world though the eyes of my character. Maybe even for fun you can have a second person view mode, which as a joke is just text based: "You take a left turn, then decide to head into town."
  • Multiple Layers of Clothing: In Morrowind you can wear clothing over and under your armor, that was pretty cool and it make nude... I mean... certain mods less awkward. Not to mention, it was realistic. Something as simple as layering clothing just stuck with me, and I think SG could do one better. Maybe wearing a coat or cape over your armor hides you, a hood hides your face. You stand out more, but no one knows who you are unless they get to close.
Anyone have any other ideas? I'm kinda running dry here...

forest

Insider
Well also bladed weapons would run the risk of getting stuck in someone's flesh, making a spare sword a good decision if you're outnumbered.

Also, impalement, I want to impale things, tables, people, pets, people, mostly people.

Xumbik

Insider
Well also bladed weapons would run the risk of getting stuck in someone's flesh, making a spare sword a good decision if you're outnumbered.

Also, impalement, I want to impale things, tables, people, pets, people, mostly people.
Seeing as they have spears, impalement will be a fact!

Oh, and they've mentioned multiple times that they'd really like to have blades getting stuck in flesh and bone. However, I'm not sure if you're going to disarm yourself if the victim runs away... that would be, interesting.

forest

Insider
Seeing as they have spears, impalement will be a fact!

Oh, and they've mentioned multiple times that they'd really like to have blades getting stuck in flesh and bone. However, I'm not sure if you're going to disarm yourself if the victim runs away... that would be, interesting.
Awesome. I wonder if it would be possible to build a ladder of swords, daggers, and spears impaled into a giant creature to climb to it's head? Probably far fetched, but it would be brutal, I want swords and spears to be sticking out of all sorts of things by the time a battle is finished, in general, I want things to be messy.

Tony

Insider
Awesome. I wonder if it would be possible to build a ladder of swords, daggers, and spears impaled into a giant creature to climb to it's head? Probably far fetched, but it would be brutal, I want swords and spears to be sticking out of all sorts of things by the time a battle is finished, in general, I want things to be messy.
Only problem is... unless it was a huge battle with many participants, where are you going to get the amount of weapons necessary to do this? Surely you will not be able to carry this many weapons on your own person ;)

And this sparks another question: I wonder how they're going to implement dead bodies? Are they going to stay in the world forever? Or do they disappear eventually? I suppose to keep the world less cluttered an ideal approach would be to only make dead bodies disappear after a somewhat long time period has elapsed (and never while the dead bodies are in view of the player). It would be awesome to see a dead body somewhere in the wilderness being eaten by wild animals!

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Only problem is... unless it was a huge battle with many participants, where are you going to get the amount of weapons necessary to do this? Surely you will not be able to carry this many weapons on your own person ;)

And this sparks another question: I wonder how they're going to implement dead bodies? Are they going to stay in the world forever? Or do they disappear eventually? I suppose to keep the world less cluttered an ideal approach would be to only make dead bodies disappear after a somewhat long time period has elapsed (and never while the dead bodies are in view of the player). It would be awesome to see a dead body somewhere in the wilderness being eaten by wild animals!

I reckon they will dissapear in an amount of time, but because everything in this game is attached to each other, Meaning you do something and you stop something else from happening, maybe when you kill someone out in the wilderness, an NPC might find him and call for help, you never know. Family's ruined, certain gameplay gone, it's all your fault.

I do wonder though, is there a reset button? To the beginning beginning?

Pantheon

Insider
Jagged Alliance 2 had a neat system. It had actually decaying bodies. Not in real-time, of course, but if you visit one of your old battlefields, you could see the changed decaying state of the enemies' bodies, including crows sitting on the corpses :D
The crows would also flee, if you came near them.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Jagged Alliance 2 had a neat system. It had actually decaying bodies. Not in real-time, of course, but if you visit one of your old battlefields, you could see the changed decaying state of the enemies' bodies, including crows sitting on the corpses :D
The crows would also flee, if you came near them.
That's horrible haha, but I love to see that!

BrecMadak

Insider
Yeah i love cannibalism too ! Grotesquery and cannibalism would fit each other quite well !
I also would love to see 'diseases' to be a part in this world, since the world will be more likely unforgiving, stiff and cold i believe it shall add new dimensions ! And then one even could seek a healer in centre of population without non-guaranteed cures, so endings with bitter ends could be viable !

scurra

Insider
I think most dungeons not being lighted would be cool. I also liked that Skyrim's torches went out (even if you never needed them). This would also raise the question of how to wield a shield, sword, and torch. Maybe after adventuring in the underground long enough you would discover a way to put one of those lights that never go out on your hip?
Another idea I like is the ability to get this, not pick the lock but break the door down!!!! who attacks a keep slaughters its residence then calmly picks 100 doors that stands between him and his treasure. Heck I understand that in this games most door are probably actually made of like two inch oak with iron bands but there has got to be a way to to balance rewards to sneaky players but not penalizing me because my lockpick is 7 and not 8 so I have to go around the mountain and into the cave of trolls to get to the chalice of eternal youth.
My last dream idea would be the ability to help towns/stores/families out by helping them exploit new resources or heck just getting this guy who wants to be a smith a master. This ideally would dynamically help the economy of that town so that they could say afford to hire me out or build that wall they have been meaning to build due to the last 3 bandit attacks.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.