Sword position stance

Anuri

Hey, I am an apprentice of Sinkage Ryu school of sword fighting. So taken from my practice - sometimes you want to attack with a weapon raised instead of defensive position in front of you. I think it would be cool to have the ability to choose your stance and position of a weapon. This would give you faster swing because it does not need to be charged and on the other hand make you more vulnerable to attack. The choice for a player to make.

A is regular stance as of now.
B is sword above head just like the double-click swing
C is preparation for side swing.

I feel this could be made simply just by assigning 1 button.

Distig

Looks quite interesting, but what about historical part? It looks like baremettle reffers us to some kind of middle ages. This stances, I know exist, but did they existed aprox. 700 years ago?

Yeah there are crap tons of European stances and sword-arts, you can look up manuals on google or go to youtube and find some HEMA stuff. I actually would like some stance options like agressive, defencive, and balanced( the one now is balanced) and the option to switch these during combat.

Anuri

I'd also love to see advanced stances/guards implemented. I think it's one of the most important factors in historical martial arts.
Totally agree, in the past, some samurai duels were considered draw or won just by standing against each other and changings stances. Basically a stance itself tells you the skill of your opponent and you might actually decide not to attack and agree for a draw.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.