Torch Bug (Steam Beta v0.6.1.0)

Mowglia

There's a bug involving the torch that can lead to all sorts of unpredictable results, including cloning torches, cloning items, launching your character into orbit (literally so the shop area appears to be a little square below you, whereupon you die all alone in the darkness), doing the funky chicken around rooms (with enough force to move tables), losing all your clothes, not being able to pick up items, etc.

I cannot replicate each outcome specifically as the steps for each are convoluted, but the following appears to trigger all the unusual activity:

1) From a clean install; Choose Arena > New Game from Main Menu.

2) Create a character (I used a quarterstaff).

3) Press Inventory button (I?), drag the torch from the wall outside the shop (and equip) to paperdoll.

4) Open Roster > Manage.

5) Drag torch from Other Items onto character (whereupon torch equips to character yet remains in Other Items).

6) Drag torch (again) from Other Items onto character (at which point character is dual-wielding torches with another torch remaining in Other Items).

7) Drag torch from Other Items into Inventory.

8) Exit Manage screen, close Roster.

9) Open Inventory (I?).

10) Drag torch from Inventory onto paperdoll (at which point character appears to be dual-wielding torches).

11) Drag torch from paperdoll to floor (and release mouse button to drop torch).

12) Drag torch from floor to paperdoll (at which point character appears to be dual-wielding torches and one is so heavy the character can't lift it).

13) Drag torch from paperdoll to floor (and drop again).

From this point onwards, depending on what you do with the torches, weapons, various inventories, etc, all sorts of weirdness can occur), including that previously mentioned.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.