Traps and using objects in combat

Satorii

Has anyone really tried to set up a genuine Rube Goldbergian trap? I've only seen one other instance of it from the video Tony posted. I'd like to hear some stories of people trying them and seeing them work or fail.

The best I could manage was use an inordinate amount of chairs from
the council chamber with a tiny stage across the locked armory
to create a little Thermopylae where zombies stumble over and be prone to head-whacking via my longsword. From there I experimented with restraining enemies using various types of chairs, putting the "hoops" of chairbacks through enemies' heads. It was pretty successful to a degree; I saw one zombie lumbering around for 5 minutes with a chair stuck around its neck until finally collapsing and freeing itself. A polearm wielding fellow had the chair "hoop" pinning his arms to his sides. I buried another zombie under a pile of chairs and proceeded to try to whack him to death-- the attacks didn't really reach him because of the chairs (and this is where a thrust would have been useful) but I got him when he finally emerged from the rubble.

I also tried to utilize the mounted wooden stakes to try to impale some people but I never could get them to fall with enough force on them. Is it even possible to damage an enemy with a non-combat object using gravity and some centrifugal force alone?

As for using objects whilst in combat, obstructing enemies and triggering my pre-made chair avalanche was the best I could do. I can never rotate and place the objects in the most optimal position possible while fighting at the same time. Though, I did momentarily drop a stool on a guy, restraining him, while I wailed on him for a little bit. My ultimate kung fu dream would be to trap a bunch of enemies with a ladder just like my master, Jackie Chan.

Last edited:

Murf

Yeah i set up charis with benches on top of them crouch walk under the bench then lure em out, crouch walk back through, they run right into it. Or set some boxes on a piece of wood sticking out, so as I run by, it sweeps the boxes onto the floor behind me, stalling them some

Elaxter

Insider
Whenever I can, I put a chairs and benches in front of a door so enemies running in trip and fall on their face. It sometimes works. Sometimes it just leaves the enemies unharmed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NachoDawg

I feel like a lot of the interaction with the enviroment is proactive instead of reactive because you cant pick up and move things while running. So you can set up traps, but not use the enviroment while also fighting.

Letting your character grab and throw a chair would be more fun to use in a fight that what we currently have.

imo

Murf

I feel like a lot of the interaction with the enviroment is proactive instead of reactive because you cant pick up and move things while running. So you can set up traps, but not use the enviroment while also fighting.

Letting your character grab and throw a chair would be more fun to use in a fight that what we currently have.

imo
It's not easy but can be done, I put things in front of those undead bastards whenever I can. :) Throwing would be fun(er) ;)

Zotis

I tried setting up a trap once, but it was frustrating because a lot of objects bounce off each other when you try and stack them.

Sometimes I put a wicker basket on a zombie and they tumble over for a while so I can whack them while they're on the ground. I find it more fun to put the basket on myself and tumble around like a drunk. I even managed to make my character float/fly to the ceiling. I tried doing it again and recording it, but it only worked at a certain place. I'll try doing it again another day.

Bobob

I put a piece of wood on two boxes next to a door. Kind of helped against the 2 zombies on the other side.

Elaxter

Insider
I think picking up things should be 'nerfed' As in, your character will have to actually pick up the item if it's of any real size. So you can't put a chair on an enemy's head without getting close.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.