Two sugestions after playing without sleep...

SyllaBear

One is, and it should be added no matter how: random map. Everytime you create a new character, the map will morph. That will prevent it to get boring after playing it a few times. Not knowing what awaits you makes every game funnier. This sugestion should be heavily considered.

The other one is: permanent death. Losing everything makes you rage quit, and then, you come back with more strength and will. More challenging.

Last edited:

Faelivrin

Insider
The other one is: permanent death. Losing everything makes you rage quit, and then, you come back with more strength and will. More challenging.
The game is 90% perma-death with the optional early checkpoints unchecked in your menu. Only 1 mandatory checkpoint.

Murf

Didnt know about it, gona check it.
But anyways should be permanent for everything with no checkpoints. Full rage deaths ;p
Checkpoints must be enabled for them to work. other wise lvl4 is the only one, It will get harder from level 4-14 with no checkpoints at all, even if you have them enabled.

Tyon

There are checkpoints for the first 3 levels because it serves as a "character creation" mode and your main focus is supposed to be to get optimal armor, weapons, and a reasonable amount of skills. It's supposed to be easy (relative to the game). Level 4 should be a very rude awakening for many people of the difficulties to come.

SyllaBear

What lvls are you talking about???
There is no reason for the game to give you check points or whatever... you die and done.
Whats next? lights effects for weapons when you do x skill? I like the game because of the real factor, and it should be that way in every aspect.

Murf

When you die you are done. You start over. Not really sure what it is you are talking about.

Tyon

What lvls are you talking about???
There is no reason for the game to give you check points or whatever... you die and done.
Whats next? lights effects for weapons when you do x skill? I like the game because of the real factor, and it should be that way in every aspect.
The first 3 levels.... of the game...? I just listed a major reason, and you should not use realism as an argument because this game isn't trying to be realistic.

SyllaBear

The first 3 levels.... of the game...? I just listed a major reason, and you should not use realism as an argument because this game isn't trying to be realistic.
As far as i seen there are just 2 maps... the second one is where sir is and someone told me you cant go beyond that (i asked how to open some doors that didnt seem to activate).
I still not sure what checkpoints are.
When you die you are done. You start over. Not really sure what it is you are talking about.
You resurrect at certain point.

Murf

There are 4 levels to the game, soon to have 10 more added. Sir is on level 4, after level 4, there there will not be any linear type progression to the maps, you won't have one certain way you have to go. Levels 1-3 are to help players get comfortable with movement and combat, which is why the option to enable checkpoints was added. Level 4 is the first level where things start to get serious. It only gets harder from here, which is why, once you make it to level 4, that becomes your starting point, because you do not need to go through the learning levels 1-3 any longer. Unless you want to have a different character with a different build(weapons, armor, skills), in that case you would need to start over brand new with Level 1. So if you make it to level 12 and die, you start over at Level 4.

The checkpoints, if enabled, are at the first main door you unlock in level 1 (right near the starting room) and then at the end of Levels 1, 2 and 3. If they are not enabled and you die anywhere on level 1-3, you go back to the very beginning starting over, brand new.

Hope that helps.

SyllaBear

There are 4 levels to the game, soon to have 10 more added. Sir is on level 4, after level 4, there there will not be any linear type progression to the maps, you won't have one certain way you have to go. Levels 1-3 are to help players get comfortable with movement and combat, which is why the option to enable checkpoints was added. Level 4 is the first level where things start to get serious. It only gets harder from here, which is why, once you make it to level 4, that becomes your starting point, because you do not need to go through the learning levels 1-3 any longer. Unless you want to have a different character with a different build(weapons, armor, skills), in that case you would need to start over brand new with Level 1. So if you make it to level 12 and die, you start over at Level 4.

The checkpoints, if enabled, are at the first main door you unlock in level 1 (right near the starting room) and then at the end of Levels 1, 2 and 3. If they are not enabled and you die anywhere on level 1-3, you go back to the very beginning starting over, brand new.

Hope that helps.
Not sure why you call them levels, i just saw one map and nothing else. Not because you open a door with a key its a new level, at least for me...
To feel comfortable you have the arena, even a training option... what else do you need to use as excuse to avoid permanent death at any point? There is none.

Murf

They are called levels because they are levels. There are 4 Levels. Each level, except the last one, is denoted by big metal doors and a fade to black sequence.

SyllaBear

They are called levels because they are levels. There are 4 Levels. Each level, except the last one, is denoted by big metal doors and a fade to black sequence.
Lol, nice explanation... levels are when the dificult changes, the map changes, the mobs changes... etc etc etc. Here it changes nothing. Passing through a metal door does nothing but load another bite of the same map. Just my point of view my friend. And i dont think it goes upstairs or down, i feel like it changed nothing.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.