unable to load body model

Jacob Jones

Supporter
So I have been having a weird issue. After playing the DRM free version game for countless hours, I added the game to my steam library and installed. Three weird things happened.

Weird ting the first: This was a shockingly quick download. I clicked play, and the game just launched instead of running the usual little "steam is installing the game" thing. Almost as if it was already installed.

Weird thing the second: Upon reaching the main menu, I naturally went straight to the arena! Expert arena was already unlocked.

Side note: This is the case for the DRM free version I have installed on my desktop (on an entirely different partition of my disc) when I had uninstalled and then reinstalled (reason being eludes me at the moment) because of reasons.
So on this one I guess I am wondering is there some feature that just permanently unlocks the expert arena to your account or something. I mean I removed ALL files, and restarted before I re installed. Why would it still be unlocked? I installed it to my laptop and I am fairly certain it was unlocked there too, but I cant be sure. However I have gone through and beat the novice arena on that laptop, and I did do a reinstall one time because I was having issues, and upon re installation. I know that expert arena was unlocked.

Weird thing the third: When I launch from steam and go to the arena, I am shown an empty void where handsome champion, Alphonse should be. I get an error textbox saying "unable to load body model." Sometimes before that message I get one that says "unable to load cursor" but not always.

UPDATE: Now when I launch the DRM free version, I get "unknown application error"
What in hells bells is going on?

Last edited:

Murf

Steam and DRM both use the same setting/config files and your issue sounds like drm and steam are two different versions.

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Steam and DRM both use the same setting/config files and your issue sounds like drm and steam are two different versions.
I did not know that. I will have to remove one for now, and see what happens. Any idea why Expert arena is still unlocked even after I remove all files? It seems like since there is no real save system, that a clean install of the application would mean expert arena will need to be unlocked again. I know it stays unlocked once you have beaten novice, but how would the application know that if I remove all of its files? It's probably magic. It usually is.
I'm mainly curious because I like to challenge myself and it is sometimes tempting to grab expert gear in the arena and wail on the novices.

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Oh that makes sense. That would explain how the DRM and steam share configs, I should have been able to figure that out haha.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.