Walking and other issues

Jimmini

Insider
First: Walking near walls needs some serious fixing. It is really unnerving to constantly get stuck when getting a little to close to the walls, especially when fleeing and then needing to fiddle around with the mouse (let alone with the movement keys) to hit the right angle in which I'm allowed to go (before getting killed). I can't quite imagine why there even is a need for a system that stops my character in such situations, since all movement is physics based anyway. I would prefer falling to the ground, if I'm stupid enough to run towards a wall. But at the very least the aggressiveness of this system should be reduced.

Second: Turning using the movement keys when just starting to walk is sometimes too abrupt (the character turns more than normal). I haven't yet understood if it depends on the relative position of the cursor or not. The developers recommend using the mouse, but I really prefer the keys most of the time.

Third: At least one out of three times my character stumbles when turning around and starting to run (using shift + rmb). Especially bad in beast fights.

Fourth: It would be nice if the character would make smaller steps when tapping a movement key (outside of combat). Right now, the only way to make small steps is to enter combat mode and briefly tap the right mouse button.

Fifth: Standing up when lying on the floor should be more controllable. Also, it would be great if characters would be aware of surrounding objects when standing up to avoid getting headaches.

Sixth: Not important but it would be nice if the player's character would automatically crouch near the ceiling or other objects over his head. I like walking on tables... Also, why isn't it possible to manually crouch outside of combat?

Of course, these are just suggestions and wishes, I hope it didn't sound like demands. I know you guys and gal are busy with way more important things.

Roryn

Insider
For your second point, I agree with that. It still wouldn't be as smooth as with the mouse, but I usually use WASD over the mouse because it's less of a strain on my hand/arm.

Jimmini

Insider
Seventh: I think it would be a nice addition if holding the shift key in combat would make the character step faster. I don't necessarily mean running, just not pausing after each "dash". I find it very annoying that I can't dodge beast attacks, by stepping backwards, without my character constantly pausing (and getting a nice blow to the head).

Edit: To elaborate on my second point, the fast turning happens only when standing completely still, then holding A or D and pressing W (in that order).

Edit 2: Eighth: What's also a bit annoying sometimes, is that when moving the mouse too fast while rotating the view, the view gets rotated in the other direction. I assume this happens when the difference between the current angle and the target angle is more than 180°.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.