Walking While Carrying Objects..

Camcorder

So ive come accross a little bump that i believe can be worked around if it doesnt conflict with anything else in the game in a negative way, althought it may be of little concern in overall gameplay, i believe it may make things just that little bit easier.

If there could be a Push & hold button to rotate object implemented into the game that would be a great benefit to moving certain objects over a long distance (if needed). As with the current system you are not able to walk whilst currently holding an object with the cursor,using WASD will just rotate the object, which i must say i love that function of the game, as it really gives a dynamic vibe. So what im trying to say is for e.g, instead of objects rotating with WASD, we could use (Hold)Ctrl+WASD to rotate there for allowing WASD to allow us to walk whilst also carrying the object, just a thought...

Cam

Last edited:

Iscandar

I'd like to carry objects by walking. I dislike having to pick up objects, drop them, then pick them up again. So long as you're unable to run with objects in hand, this would be fine.

I've also seen in someone else's stream a bug which allowed them to do precisely this, but I never figured out how to do it.

Tony

Insider
I'd like to carry objects by walking. I dislike having to pick up objects, drop them, then pick them up again. So long as you're unable to run with objects in hand, this would be fine.

I've also seen in someone else's stream a bug which allowed them to do precisely this, but I never figured out how to do it.
The bug that allows you to carry something while walking is to go into combat mode, press and hold the "interact" button, pick up the item, then walk using W, A, S, D keys.

Murf

Yes, you can do it in combat mode, but it is going to be fixed at the next update I think.

Madoc

Project Lead
Welcome to the forums Cam. First I'd just like to say I love the way you brought your suggestion forward politely and allowed that there may be issues you didn't consider.

This has become a bit of an issue now that moving objects over some distance is a requirement. We've been considering a few ways of doing this and something like you suggest is likely the best one. If anything I'd maybe flip it around so that you need to press a key to move while carrying an object. It's not something that you do often and just seems like it should be a greater effort than just turning something so it might make more sense.

The main issue might be figuring out what key this could be... We don't want to use too many keys and more will come into play as more features are introduced such as new combat moves and thaumaturgy. I'm also thinking this should probably be a non combat thing only, which could allow using a key that serves another purpose in combat.

Camcorder

I must say, thankyou for the welcome Madoc. Im very excited seeing even the slightest support.

As it is stated it may need some thought as to which Default key it would be mapped to so it would not collide with future skills/abilities. Also something Madoc mentioned was it may need to work in reverse of what I said, which I believe would be the more valuable choice as controls will therefore stay the same as of right now except with the added feature(push to walk) or something alike.

Either way I know ill be happy with what ever baremettle throws my way as they keep me intrigued and surprised every update!! Love the game guys

Cam

Alycia

Wow this is an excellent idea!
Def need something like this in the game, good thought.
Got any more ideas?

Love leesha xox

So ive come accross a little bump that i believe can be worked around if it doesnt conflict with anything else in the game in a negative way, althought it may be of little concern in overall gameplay, i believe it may make things just that little bit easier.

If there could be a Push & hold button to rotate object implemented into the game that would be a great benefit to moving certain objects over a long distance (if needed). As with the current system you are not able to walk whilst currently holding an object with the cursor,using WASD will just rotate the object, which i must say i love that function of the game, as it really gives a dynamic vibe. So what im trying to say is for e.g, instead of objects rotating with WASD, we could use (Hold)Ctrl+WASD to rotate there for allowing WASD to allow us to walk whilst also carrying the object, just a thought...

Cam

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.