Watch me Play... Here to make you proud. My arena only video.

Alex

Insider
Hey Guys,
I'm back and in a new thread. After all the advice from nice gents here on the forums, I've improved muchly and have practiced. I've taken that skill to the arena and here it is to share with you guys.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did playing it.

Thanks Guys!

Tony

Insider
First off I'd like to wish you a happy birthday and Easter! Secondly, it's great to see you figuring things out and making progress in Exanima. It really is satifying landing a huge, devastating blow in this game.

A few more tips... I noticed you seemed to be struggling a bit with parrying. Parrying with a shield usually requires positioning your body at the correct angle so that your shield arm is between you and the direction your opponent is striking, not necessarily centering your cursor on the opponent. If the strike is coming from the left then orient your character so the shield is ready to intercept the blow from that direction. If you're perfectly squared off with your opponent (which is what happens when your cursor is directly centered on them) then your shield arm will have to cover more distance to intercept the blow (unless the incoming blow is an overhand strike). Also, it is crucial that you are not attempting to swing your weapon while parrying since this will cancel the parry. Even if the parry isn't successful you will still take less damage for attempting to block the strike.

Another thing I noticed is that you tend to spin around quite a bit, thus giving the opponent your back. This is likely caused by your very large and exaggerated mouse cursor movements. Moving the cursor to rotate your charcter can add more momentum to a strike but it is not necessary to move the cursor across the entire screen to do so. Try to keep your cursor movements more controlled (perhaps only 1/4 of the way across the screen maximum) and you'll not find yourself spinning in circles as often :).

Alex

Insider
Ahh Tony, always there with the excellent support. Thanks buddy. Yes I was racking my brain to work out the parry system. I wasn't sure if it was better to aim your body around for the attacks or to just have the cursor on the character to do that block. I think for ease just aim at the character but that would be why I have trouble with the hammer guy. His swings are so large I would need to aim my body (shield) into the incoming hit.
So I guess I could use both techniques specifically with the type of weapon the opponent is using.
Yeah, I did realise that my mouse movements are too massive. I did notice that a few times and then try to correct myself. Guess I play too much BF4, lol the subtle, short mouse movements take a while to train.
I am loving this game. It's such a massive game of skill. It's addictive. I think I said it in the video, I've been playing the arena alot because it's quick, easy and fun. Perceft for when I come home after work.

thank you for the best wishes. I've had a lovely and lazy birthday. =D The best kind I think.

Faelivrin

Insider
Nice progress Alex! and funny video as always. You are too close to finish the novice mode ^^

Not much to add to Tony tips, he is the official mentor so he knows everything :p. Just maybe that the axe is not the easiest weapon to start with, but you seem to be doing pretty good with it! Give it a try to the 2h sword some day and try making some overheads.

Alex

Insider
Ha ha ha thanks heaps. Glad to hear I can be funny, that's always nice lol.
Yeah, that epic shiny 2H has tempted me a plenty. I will get this done dammit. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.