Whats you favorite weapon by tier?

Elsteveo

Hi guys as above.

So whats favorite? Is it the weapon you are best with or just the one you enjoy the most?

My list is all two handers as I have learn't had any success with one hand and shield as yet.

Inept: Metal pole I like it because it does a decent amount of damage and is reasonably fast. Once you get the Remise skill it really comes into its own.

Aspirant: I like Bill for this one as it is a lot like the pole but also does slashing damage and is slightly faster.

Novice: Probably the 2 Handed Axe as it has decent impact and slashing damage and is good against armored opponents.

SyllaBear

Well balanced big sword with wide ward... and maybe maul.
I cant add ranks because those are the only ones i like.

Inept - iron shod quarterstaff
Aspirant - machete & buckler
Novice - battle axe & square shield
Adept - two-handed sword
Expert - two-handed sword
Master - battle axe (high) & heater shield
- - -
Novice, Adept and Expert tiers are most difficult for me to keep balance between armor and weapon - points are ending too fast - so I'm still can't find best mix...
Adept and Expert tiers are the best for 2-handed sword or balanced one-handed sword - there are many unprotected enemies to slice off.

Last edited:

Elsteveo

Inept - iron shod quarterstaff
Aspirant - machete & buckler
Novice - battle axe & square shield
Adept - two-handed sword
Expert - two-handed sword
Master - battle axe (high) & heater shield
- - -
Novice, Adept and Expert tiers are most difficult for me to keep balance between armor and weapon - points are ending too fast - so I'm still can't find best mix...
Adept and Expert tiers are the best for 2-handed sword or balanced one-handed sword - there are many unprotected enemies to slice off.
Thanks for replying do you have any tactical tips for fight with a one hander and shield.
For some reason I can't get my head around the foot work.
I am passable with a 2 hander and either using range as my opponent comes in or a shuffle step then swing around my opponent to hit them from behind.

Tyon

Inept - Iron Shod Quarterstaff
Aspirant - Bill
Novice - Bardiche
Adept - Finely Crafted 2-hand Sword (4 points)
Expert - Poleaxe
Master - Poleaxe

Thanks for replying do you have any tactical tips for fight with a one hander and shield.
For some reason I can't get my head around the foot work.
I am passable with a 2 hander and either using range as my opponent comes in or a shuffle step then swing around my opponent to hit them from behind.
Not so much tips here...
All my foot work is targeting on keeping distance from enemy, turning with shield-side to the hit and trying LtR-swing opponet or getting behind his shield with forward-and-right dash + RtL-swing...
- - -
Also try to step to the direction of enemy strike while catching his hit with shield - there is more chance to decrease incoming damage.

Last edited:
Crouching, wide-arcing swings with forward steps (hitting the rear of the enemy), and good timing are my preferred tactics against nearly all opponents.
That is the only strategy. Except for when I jab them with it. If I'm lucky, I bust their face, and if not that, they get pushed back alittle.

Don Kanaille

Insider
For my main:

Iron-shod quarterstaff -> bill -> voulge -> poleaxe

I think the voulge is one of the best weapons for its tier, and dirt cheap in comparison as well. As you can see I´m best with pole weapons and generally prefer more range, but I still go with the comparatively short poleaxe over the halberd because it feels more noticeably more responsive and agile.

My other player character went the shield route, and goes

Iron quarterstaff -> Machete & buckler -> spiked mace & biggest possible shield -> flanged mace and biggest possible shield

However, feel free to swap the heater shield for the round shield if needed, as the difference in size is negligible but the round shield uses less points of your budget.

My hireling, who is still rather low, does very well with sharp weapons, so instead of maces he uses

machete -> dagger -> sharp shortsword

Usually for me its:
Inept - Iron Bar
Aspirant - Bill or Iron Bar
Novice - Bill or Iron Bar
Adept - Any 2h sword or Iron Bar
Expert - Pole hammer or Iron Bar
Master - Pole hammer or Iron Bar

Whenever I recruit a new person, I start them with an iron bar and throw them into a masters challenge round to see if they make the cut, makes for some fun fights.

Usually for me its:
Inept - Iron Bar
Aspirant - Bill or Iron Bar
Novice - Bill or Iron Bar
Adept - Any 2h sword or Iron Bar
Expert - Pole hammer or Iron Bar
Master - Pole hammer or Iron Bar

Whenever I recruit a new person, I start them with an iron bar and throw them into a masters challenge round to see if they make the cut, makes for some fun fights.
The Iron Bar is somewhat like a Iron-shod Quarterstaff, but it's just being used like a sword.

The Iron Bar is somewhat like a Iron-shod Quarterstaff, but it's just being used like a sword.
Pretty much, a little more power but a little slower. I prefer it only because you can't start out with an Iron-Shod Quarterstaff and on the rare occasion a powerful swing can knock an opponent to the ground quite fast.

Pretty much, a little more power but a little slower. I prefer it only because you can't start out with an Iron-Shod Quarterstaff and on the rare occasion a powerful swing can knock an opponent to the ground quite fast.
Indeed you are right. I believe the Two-handed old/rusty sword is only slightly better than the Iron Bar anyways, no?

BlueLaguna

I had a master character with sabre + the fine kite shield. That was fun until she was killed by a 2 hander to her face that took 80% of her life in permanent damage =(.

The elite dagger is pretty awesome for lower tiers.

My other master character just uses a boring typical 2h sword.

I'm only calling them elite cus I don't remember the actual name but they're the slightly improved versions.

Indeed you are right. I believe the Two-handed old/rusty sword is only slightly better than the Iron Bar anyways, no?
Well, the rusty 2h sword has a bit of a longer range and a bit of a faster speed. Plus the cutting damage it does is quite nice to unarmored opponents. Its better compared to the Iron Bar, but I'd rather spend my early money on armor over it and stick with the trusty ol' iron.

Gugi

Aspirant - Billhook
Novice - Bardiche
Adept - Bardiche-Finely Crafted 2-hand Sword (I could not afford it back then)
Expert - Poleaxe
Master - Poleaxe/Halberd/Finely Crafted 2-hand Sword (Low level Challenger Duels)

Now I have all the gold in the world and the Fine 2-h Sword has not been in the store for ages. I want to equip my master guy with it and cut low level fighter all over the place. Master fights pay very well but they are mostly clunk-clang-tonk, I enjoy making my opponents bleed, preferably a neck finisher.

Bobob

Aspirant - Bill
Novice - Bill
Adept - Maul
Expert - Poleaxe
Master - Poleaxe

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.