Why I haven't backed Sui Generis (yet)

Rob

@Rob If I can add to that, I believe BM licensing out the engine is one of their revenue streams right now.
I knew that that was their intention in the long run, but I didn't know they were actually licensing it out already. This really surprises me, given that the engine is not "finished". I would have thought that BM would have wanted Sui Generis to be the first thus definitive game to use this engine. Do you know which other developers are using the engine already, and what games are being created with it?

lvk

Insider
All we know is that it's happening, but no specific companies have been named. It isn't for game development purposes, however.
Do you have any plans to license out the engine you’ve created to other developers or publishers? [...]

Definitely. I’m already licensing the engine for non game applications though I have an understanding with the licensee. Obviously it’s going to take quite some work for the engine to be made ready for use by anyone. [...]

Rob

Thanks for finding a quote!

Perhaps it's someone who wanted to create a visualisation of a physical interaction, or something like that.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.