Why this Game's Combat is Amazing

Elaxter

Insider
So I've been playing Exanima for about a month and I can say it has been an amazing experience. I have been following this game since 2013 when I first heard of it on a forum I frequented. It's everything that I envisioned and more! The combat system is the best I have ever encountered; it's, dare I say, the best RPG combat system ever! Nothing on the market rivals this game in terms of physics, combat, and subtleties. Mount & Blade, take a few notes!

The physics of combat and movement in this game is fantastic. There are minor flaws, which is wholly expected from a game of this magnitude. The running and stepping animations could be touched up, but that's just nitpicking. However, when my character walks, I feel as if he is actually walking. And he is!

When I hit an enemy full force in a game like Skyrim, there's a programmed response based on damage and if it's a critical hit and what not. In this game, you feel your character's blow on the enemy. You see your opponent stagger in pain, and, in some occasions, turn completely around due to a bonk on the skull. Combat is satisfying. When you're down to your last drop of life, there's still a chance to come out alive. You slash the adversary's throat, his blood gushing out as he stands for a moment and collapses onto the ground.

This game's combat is also subtle. If you stand and slash, expect average results. But, if you step forward, your attack gains new momentum - like throwing a baseball. What was a simple overhand slash is now a devastating cleave to the head! Mastering the difference between a dash and a step can further enhance your abilities.

TL;DR this game is fucking sweet.

Tottel

Insider
I just want to say that I fully agree.
But, keep in mind Mount & Blade is not trying to be this game. :)
M&B is, in essence, simplicity first. An enjoyable player experience. Also, multiplayer with 200 people. Good luck doing that with a full physics simulation. :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.