Will we make it?

Orisoll

When I looked at it yesterday it was only at £98,000. That's a lot of growth over such a small amount of time, so yeah we might make it!
(Crosses fingers, toes, and eyes)

I'm hoping that people have just been procrastinating about backing like me, I just backed £40, or that they were waiting to get paid. That way, we should see a load of cash role in quite quickly. Remember Star Citizen, that gained about £700,000 within the last two or three days.

Tony

Insider
I'm hoping that people have just been procrastinating about backing like me, I just backed £40, or that they were waiting to get paid. That way, we should see a load of cash role in quite quickly. Remember Star Citizen, that gained about £700,000 within the last two or three days.
Star Citizen also had stretch goals people were shooting for (unlocking new star systems and being able to see what the next tier of stretch goals entailed, etc) and incentives like lifetime insurance for ships people purchased during the crowdfunding period and special ships you could only purchase the during the last weekend of crowdfunding. Their entire campaign they kept giving people new reasons to pledge more money.

RichardTito

Star Citizen also had stretch goals people were shooting for (unlocking new star systems and being able to see what the next tier of stretch goals, etc) and incentives like lifetime insurance for ships people purchased during the crowdfunding period and special ships you could only purchase the during the last weekend of crowdfunding. Their entire campaign they kept giving people new reasons to pledge more money. Like I said in a different thread, they were very crafty at coming up with ideas to get people to pledge.
I hope Bare Mettle doesn't need gimmicks to incentivise people to back Sui Generis, the concept of Sui Generis should be incentive enough.

I think if your smart or willing to pay enough attention, you notice in their Kickstarter video the elements and potential for an isometric RPG with a different approach. Realism without the need to turn it into a simulation, adult story telling without excessive gore or sex, fantasy without the need to reuse every race Tolkien ever created and graphics that are so high fidelity that they don't need to hide behind an art style.

Wakko

Insider
You mean the last 2-3 hours? ;)

Tony

Insider
I hope Bare Mettle doesn't need gimmicks to incentivise people to back Sui Generis, the concept of Sui Generis should be incentive enough.

I think if your smart or willing to pay enough attention, you notice in their Kickstarter video the elements and potential for an isometric RPG with a different approach. Realism without the need to turn it into a simulation, adult story telling without excessive gore or sex, fantasy without the need to reuse every race Tolkien ever created and graphics that are so high fidelity that they don't need to hide behind an art style.
I agree and I see the potential of Sui Generis as it is... but obviously the methods employed in the Star Citizen campaign were quite effective. It's the most successful crowdfunded game to date. Just looking at the comments being made on the Sui Generis Kickstarter page it's obvious people treat KS campaigns as a way to get a good deal. They keep saying "I want a pledge tier that gives me this or that" or "I'll raise my pledge if I can get such a benefit".

EDIT: Basically I'm saying successful fundraising seems to depend on how excited the people running it can keep their fans. Giving people incentives and reasons to keep pledging more is obviously better than just hoping people will donate large sums with no incentive.

Octo

Insider
I just heard about this today!
This is an obvious win, I simply think you just need to spread the word through larger channels.
The game looks great even at this stage so I hope it'll go though and I'll do my part in letting people know.

Rob

I agree... though will still need more updates... and T-shirts!

Kicktraq's projection is £128K - £147K. That's incredibly close to the £150K mark. That means that with a huge effort, it could still be possible to make it. There would have to be something huge though, and soon.

leafspring

Insider

I think if your smart or willing to pay enough attention, you notice in their Kickstarter video the elements and potential for an isometric RPG with a different approach.
Well, Sui Generis has currently reached about 2% of the Star Citizen final. It's pretty obvious that it does need these kind of incentives to get people backing.
The smart people who are willing to pay attention and figure stuff out themselves have probably already pledged for the most part. Now it is time to get to the rest and that requires some eye catchers (like the new update) and easy incentives like backer-only items and such.

Rob

Can I ask why I can't find the update(s) on youtube?

Does no-one think that that would be a good idea to try and push things along?

Tony

Insider
Can I ask why I can't find the update(s) on youtube?

Does no-one think that that would be a good idea to try and push things along?
Hmm earlier I watched the update videos on Youtube (and I've even commented on several to promote people to pledge if they like what they see). I'm typing from my phone so not convenient to check but I believe their account on Youtube is Bare Mettle.

Rob

Hmm earlier I watched the update videos on Youtube (and I've even commented on several to promote people to pledge if they like what they see). I'm typing from my phone so not convenient to check but I believe their account on Youtube is Bare Mettle.
My bad. It is there.

I just typed "sui generis update" and hoped for the best... just to see if they were there. Didn't check to see whether they had an account. :oops:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.