World Traveling

Especially if I am the main hero yes :D, If I had the chace to make a game id grab it thats why id like to work with Bare Mettle the guys got a great vision, good imagination and they are all gamers exactly the kind of people id like to work with :)

Tony

Insider
Marius, the forums are still quite new. Not a very high member count yet. However, the member count is steadily growing :) Hopefully the devs strike gold by releasing a new demo that spikes interest in the game or get an article up on a major gaming site. Right now their biggest hurdle is just making the game known to enough people.

Humblerbee

Insider
With that I greatly agree :)
Marius, what country are you from? Is English your first or second language? Your English isn't bad so much as it contains a lot of grammar, syntax, and phrasing that is atypical of the traditional English speaker, leading me to believe it's an adopted language operating within the confines of your native tongue. For example, here you put the subject, yourself, after the object, the statement by Tony, and moved the verb to the end of the sentence. Typically in English, you'd lead with the subject, yourself, followed by the verb, your agreement, and end with the object you're acting upon, in this case the statement by Tony, to which you are agreeing.

I just realized I'm on here analyzing people's English before I've even eaten breakfast. That is just sad. I'm gonna go eat.

WOW! Aren't you a true grammar nazi are you proud of your self :p And if you must know Yes English is my second language, however as a human beefing you cant write a language perfectly no matter how well you know it, mistakes will always pop up, but i guess there are people like you to point out :p

Humblerbee

Insider
WOW! Aren't you a true grammar nazi are you proud of your self :p And if you must know Yes English is my second language, however as a human beefing you can write a language perfectly no matter how well you know it, mistakes will always pop up
I was asking because it really puts things into context, if someone is willing to learn a second language that's commendable, it's a difficult process to alter your very perception of language and learn entirely new characters, alphabets, meanings and words, a momentous task I applaud you for. No one can fault you for mistakes when you are speaking in a language that you are still learning, and is not the one you think or were raised to speak with, however, it's an entirely different matter if you were born in England or America and you are calling people human beefings. I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, I'm trying to understand you a bit better, and where you are coming from. If you wish to take it as a slight, then I'm sorry if I offended you, I never intended to do so.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I was asking because it really puts things into context, if someone is willing to learn a second language that's commendable, it's a difficult process to alter your very perception of language and learn entirely new characters, alphabets, meanings and words, a momentous task I applaud you for. No one can fault you for mistakes when you are speaking in a language that you are still learning, and is not the one you think or were raised to speak with, however, it's an entirely different matter if you were born in England or America and you are calling people human beefings. I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, I'm trying to understand you a bit better, and where you are coming from. If you wish to take it as a slight, then I'm sorry if I offended you, I never intended to do so.
English is one of the hardest languages to learn as well.

Not really I think german is also hard and i studied it a few years and still cant understand it, and what about not latin based languages like korean, chinese and such.

Humblerbee

Insider
English does a very poor job of following conventions it establishes, there are so many exceptions and situational clauses, but in general it isn't one of the hardest. Mandarin was very difficult for me to try and learn, but learning across alphabets is hard in terms of learning an entirely new context in which the language takes place.

hredthel

Insider
We want getting lost (especially in the underworld!) to be an important gameplay element :D.

As a side note valuable items will be fairly uncommon and filling your inventory is unlikely to happen quickly. You can collect lots of cheap junk but it's unlikely you will find anyone willing to buy it.

Getting lost is a real old-school concept in games that I don't see at all anymore (thank you floating quest markers, you suck).

And I feel I argued for too many sides. I dislike fast-travel as a whole, and mounts, well, they always seem to be a waste of good resources.

I've never played that game, but you are right, if they couldn't have a 'mount' in game for the preferred released date but only could have animals, let mounts be a DLC or something.
I agree, yet I don't see it being a valuable endeavor at all. With all the effects, lighting, and physics in this game so far: why would anyone want to be on a horse when they could be running around smashing things?

Rob

I suppose mounts would useful if you temporarily joined up a band of brigands (who lent you a horse in return for riding with them) who wanted to attack some particular encampment, leading to some epic battle... would be awesome, with the physics, but I fear such things are way beyond the scope of version 1.0! Horse riding would be pretty hard to get right... but wouldn't it be great! Various PC games have tried to do it in recent years, Mount & Blade, Two Worlds 2, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Sacred 2 to name but a few, but nothing so far has been perfect. Apart from horse animation (which Skyrim and AC probably have best ATM IMO), one of the biggest problems is combat. I can't think of any games that have decent, fluid, useful and relevant horseback combat. That's a real challenge - I hope some game steps up to the mark at some point soon! Bring it on!!!

Getting lost is a real old-school concept in games that I don't see at all anymore (thank you floating quest markers, you suck).

And I feel I argued for too many sides. I dislike fast-travel as a whole, and mounts, well, they always seem to be a waste of good resources.

I agree, yet I don't see it being a valuable endeavor at all. With all the effects, lighting, and physics in this game so far: why would anyone want to be on a horse when they could be running around smashing things?
DUDE! Are you crazy horses are awesome :D any game i played that had mounts put in was good, if you make mounts cool and fun to ride and explore on its really cool :) Just look at skyrim for one mountain climbing horses WTF :p

hredthel

Insider
if you make mounts cool and fun to ride and explore on its really cool
Bethesda couldn't do it and they have millions of dollars to throw at games. Yeah it's a neat feature, and I agree it would be cool to explore with if done very well: but for all the modeling, scripting, programming, physics work, new animations, sounds.... just seems like a pain in the ass for a small feature. The Devs are gonna make the right choices for this game and if mounts are part of SG I'm sure they will be awesome.

Orisoll

I actually think carriages and horses are things that WAY to many fantasy RPG games don't bother to add. While they do take a lot of work if you want to do them right I think they are a feature that opens up countless possibilities for the player to explore.
Besides, imagine how fun it'd be to thaumaturgicly blast a carriage off the road and watch as the horses stumble and fall and the people frantically bail. . . now that just sounds euphoric! (Either that or I'm a complete psychopath.)

Psychomorph

Insider
As far as I understood, Sui Generis is an open world game, that means you have a huge plane to move forth and back in, but I'd love to see different planes in distant lands where you cannot move to in real in-game time. Horses and carriages would be the only means to travel there. You can buy a horse and mounting it allows you to choose a far away destination, or you pay a caravan group to go with them. Before you can undertake the journey, you have to take care of some things, like gather provisions and perhaps some money and be sure to buy some warm clothing if you move to a polar region. Without these necessary items you will not be able to travel to another plane.

Basically what I'm saying is, that horses and caravans would be the means to switch planes, kind of like portals technically spoken. It's not like fast traveling, because these journeys would cost you. The additional planes could be later additions (expansions, add-ons, DLC's).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.