Zooming in?

Naima

Hello , just to ask , from the video seems that the characters and the world details seem pretty distant from the player's view ... will it be possible to zoom more in and enjoy more the details of the world and characters? Or add some pan around and different camera angles?
so far it seems a bit constrained ...

The same could be asked for zooming out to get a better view of surroundings.

Zooming in & out & panning the camera would be very useful indeed so I hope BM plans to include such features.

Tony

Insider
Hmm I've said it before but I'll repeat myself: you zoom in/out by scrolling the mouse wheel. You can rotate the camera left/right but you can not pan the camera or switch your viewing angle. They are designing everything in the game to work properly with a top down view.

Naima

Yes of course I saw you can zoom in and out with the wheel but what I meant is to zoom more in and perhaps more out , and change the camera angle to have a better vision of the surroundings as well as have a bettersight on the action scene , I guess its not that enjoyable to watch the nice and beautyfull models of creatures , and opponents from distance when fighting ...

Tony

Insider
Well, I've listed what the options are going to be for managing your view. How far in/out you can zoom I do not know but in the videos and screenshots shown they zoom pretty far in and out so I'm thinking it'll be sufficient.

The camera will be a fixed isometric view (as I stated previously). You will not be able to pan the camera or change the viewing angle. You will not be able to switch to first person or over the shoulder view.

Orisoll

The camera will be a fixed isometric view (as I stated previously). You will not be able to pan the camera or change the viewing angle. You will not be able to switch to first person or over the shoulder view.
Meh, that's slightly disappointing news. . . though I suspect it will be modded in considering how easy it would be to implement.

BrecMadak

Insider
Nothing disappointing here, it was always intended to work in an isometric way just the way it has always been, this is not a fps so the current way is already enough what one could wish for an isometric rpg.

Hmm I've said it before but I'll repeat myself: you zoom in/out by scrolling the mouse wheel. You can rotate the camera left/right but you can not pan the camera or switch your viewing angle. They are designing everything in the game to work properly with a top down view.
My apologies. If anything this thread should be deleted since its subject has already been thoroughly discussed.

Naima

Ok for the Isometric but my question was not to soom to a level of 1st person or shoulder but just more in and be able to pan around the character to see different areas... Just like is in the first chapter of the Dragonage game. An isometric view that is 3d and allows you to pan around ....

Orisoll

There are numerous reasons why the game uses an isometric view, it's a big design decision with many implications. You can't just change the view, you'd have to completely redesign the game and many of the graphics. Some issues were covered in this thread:

http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/view.175/

It's mostly about first person but some of it still applies.
Yeah, I can understand the whole issue with first and third person, I was referring to the part about panning or changing the viewing angle ( to any point within reason of course).
I think it would be beneficial to the game as a whole to allow some way to change the viewing angle within a set limit, allowing it to still keep the same graphics and assets while still permitting a better view of combat situations.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.